Strut rod bushing Video

pipecraze

I'm replacing my LCA's.

I bought strut rod bushings at the control arm about 2 years ago from Autozone. Didn't think I needed new ones as they look like they are in good shape. However there seems to be alot of play.

I was wondering if maybe the sleve is too long? Anyone know how long it should be? Are my bushing just worn? The front end has been shaking at highway speeds.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pipecraze

Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC01837.JPG
    DSC01837.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 173
It kind of looks to me like they gave you the frame side strut rod bushings. I don't think the control arm side ones use a metal sleeve.
Here is the control arm side:
dsc03235ao1.jpg

I would try and get the ford brand bushings as they are still available.

Part #'s are
Control arm side:
$11.12 E9SZ-3A140-B
$7.64 E9SZ-3A140-A

$5.19 F7SZ-3A225-AA Frame side
$10.13 E9SZ-3B271-A Frame side

Last edited:
'Old' thread I know,

You have the wrong bushings in there as suggested. Because of the metal sleeve in there, you are unable to compress the wrong bushings enough to keep the control arm from moving.

I also did one side just this week as they were fried and allowing wheel movement. 3 more to go (gotta do the wife's car too :rolleyes: ).

DO NOT get a generic bushing for the control arm end of the strut rod, even a good name brand such as Moog have lousy bushings that'll compress fast and fail.

Buy the Ford ones and be done with it. They do have a very thin built into the rubber metal sleeve that isn't removable.

Last edited:
Back