c4 or aod

supercoupebubba

just seeing if anyone knows what flywheel and torque converter are needed to put a c4 behind a 3.8 s/c. also will the 3.8 s/c aod torque converter work on a pickup aod out of a 351w f-150.

just seeing if anyone knows what flywheel and torque converter are needed to put a c4 behind a 3.8 s/c. also will the 3.8 s/c aod torque converter work on a pickup aod out of a 351w f-150.

a C4 is a very simple install, I have been running one for a couple years now. the aod flexplate will work but will need to run a C4 converter. the only real issue of this being a true bolt in is that the tranny crossmember needs moved forward a few inches. all i did was drill out the welds on the cross member mounts and moved it forward till it ligned up with the tranny and rewelded it. even the SC starter will work. I don't know about the stock shifter, I didn't try to use it, i just installed on from B&M.

the 3.8 is actually going into a toyota pickup so the real question is what torque converter should i use to put the two together

A C4 is an extremely durable tranny an Aod flexplate will work as long as you have the proper bellhousing/ starter combo. As far as the converter goes it depends on what you are going to do with the vehicle. I actually modified a 4 Cyl converter to use on my Pinto Drag Car, used it for 8 years no problem. Race converters are readily available,just depends on what you have in mind.

Back