PDA

View Full Version : Nitro Night of Fire Sacramento Raceway Sat 7th

Jim Demmitt Jr
06-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Sat...7 32nd Annual Nitro Night of Fire

Drag Racing Final qualifying and eliminations Top Fuel Dragsters, jet dragsters, 7.0 Pro, Top Eliminator West, West Coast Top Sportsman, Big Bucks ET, Outlaw Pro Mods and motorcycles.

Times: Pit Gates Open: 8:00am, Time Trials: 9:00am, Eliminations 2:00pm

Admission: General Admission $20, Pit Admission $25, Inside pit parking $20 additional. Kids under 12 free

Racers: Varies by category and association

dwayne
06-02-2008, 11:18 PM
like i said,we need tomove to California,all we have is a sonic 50s restronant night with about 12 cars.

Jim Demmitt Jr
06-02-2008, 11:49 PM
like i said,we need tomove to California,all we have is a sonic 50s restronant night with about 12 cars.

Pap

Sonic greasy spoons are Killer :-) This Night of fire wish you could make it out so you can see some "Record Shattering" performance

dwayne
06-03-2008, 01:08 AM
me to,and i hate sonic food

Jim Demmitt Jr
06-06-2008, 10:45 PM
me to,and i hate sonic food

Pap

The best place here in the west coast is 1/4 Burger in Hayward original 50's and 60's burger joint man there greasy and tasty. We are going to be in the staging lanes early Sat going to be some serious low numbers

Jim Demmitt Jr
06-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Pap

New speed and Et record :-) Track was good weather wise was playing hard ball winds gusting steady at 40 mph and more. Will PM you later tonight the results I may not post it on this thread

dwayne
06-08-2008, 10:31 PM
JIM,got your PM,nice run,new record that WONT be beat anytime soon.CONGRAT'S.

Jim Demmitt Jr
06-09-2008, 10:15 PM
Thanks Pap

We had a great time even through the gusting wind

dwayne
06-09-2008, 11:49 PM
hay you did it thats all that counts,proud of ya.

Jim Demmitt Jr
06-10-2008, 08:24 PM
hay you did it thats all that counts,proud of ya.

Thanks Pap

I appreciate the support the guys did a great job 100% effort in getting the new ET and Speed record it was a team effort. We are also going forward with the new four-lobe 160 degree twist tefflon seal rotors

Melon
06-12-2008, 06:56 PM
So what'd ya run Jim? And why won't you share it with the rest of us?

-Melon

Jim Demmitt Jr
06-13-2008, 01:09 AM
So what'd ya run Jim? And why won't you share it with the rest of us?

-Melon

Melon

I will in due time not sure how to go about this due to the panic and thread attacking and locking last time. Our goal is to not let that go down again

mannysc
06-13-2008, 01:57 AM
congrats jim you never cease to amaze me

Micahdogg
06-13-2008, 11:39 AM
This is amazing this feat. What happened again? No disrespect as I have a lot of respect for what you did, but just looking for some details as to what it was that you did. Congrats again on the good job.

David Neibert
06-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Thanks Pap

I appreciate the support the guys did a great job 100% effort in getting the new ET and Speed record it was a team effort. We are also going forward with the new four-lobe 160 degree twist tefflon seal rotors

I guess the new liquid IC worked...looking forward to hearing whatever it was that you did.

David

Jim Demmitt Jr
06-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks Guys

The Sportsmanship is nice to see details comming soon as we are getting ready for a two event match race

95badbird
06-16-2008, 05:03 PM
JIM,got your PM,nice run,new record that WONT be beat anytime soon.CONGRAT'S.

how can you beat a record if know one knows what his times are...retarded.

Congrats on the new best Jim.

I thought you said it once before, you don't care what any one else says,....just bring it on.

Jim Demmitt Jr
06-17-2008, 11:04 PM
how can you beat a record if know one knows what his times are...retarded.

Congrats on the new best Jim.

I thought you said it once before, you don't care what any one else says,....just bring it on.

Thank You

Its not Paps fault I told him to keep the new record smashing ET and Speed record off the boards. We dont need no wide spread Panic like always and thread locking. I will post it soon in due time I appreciate your support

We took this on as a challenge using our years of experiance but for anyone els to run low 10's let alone 9's is no easy task at hand for anyone to follow. The amount of time and money and resorces its a big under taking more than anyone knows. Once you do it all els seams pail in way

nwnsc
06-18-2008, 01:53 AM
congrats, 4 lobe m90 hmmmm sounds cool. love to see some pics of your setup when your ready to post them.

Jim Demmitt Jr
06-21-2008, 03:14 PM
congrats, 4 lobe m90 hmmmm sounds cool. love to see some pics of your setup when your ready to post them.

Thanks nwnsc

The new Retro M90 blower we are using an MPX case its stronger we took and cut the back off added 1" spacer with new back plate with SSI bigger high speed sealed bearings bored the case bigger with 160 degree pitch 4 lobe twist rotors with tefflon seals. Once its dyno tested on the blower dyno and track tested I would like to work with Charles at MP maybe make more using his cases. I am working with Citro Machine making the new rotors now and Kebelco coating the rotors. This retro M90 I have now is right at 35-36PSI we hope to gain much more PSI and keep it together with the MPX case. We are using VP C16 race fuel only after testing other race fuels this workes best with my setup

My goal from the start was running the first 9 second run and after the quicker 9.747et was pushing an SC with IRS 3.8V6 modified engine with M90 on race fuel alone into the 8's. We are knocking on the door of this next milestone in SC history. I spent a lot of money time and people with big resorces helping to get to this point its no easy task. I hope everyone appreciates it like you do and others we appreciate this so much. I like to document all this make an in depth web page for others to gain performance ideas from my effort and setup in making there own. Plus know the long history of the Silver Bullet from early years to now todays performance numbers

Again thank you

Miller
06-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Correct me if im wrong here, but im prettyyyyy sure its not am M90 anymore? Didnt ricardo use an mpx case with a spacer to make it into an m112?

Jim Demmitt Jr
06-21-2008, 04:15 PM
Correct me if im wrong here, but im prettyyyyy sure its not am M90 anymore? Didnt ricardo use an mpx case with a spacer to make it into an m112?

"Corrected your Wrong'

No has ever done this before its still an M90 baced blower no matter if its modified its an MPX case and M90 snout. We are doing what we can to it to gain the Max PSI and still retain the M90 style blower

Miller
06-21-2008, 05:08 PM
so even with the spacer its still 90ci, = the "90" part of m90 ?

nwnsc
06-22-2008, 03:15 AM
Thanks nwnsc

The new Retro M90 blower we are using an MPX case its stronger we took and cut the back off added 1" spacer with new back plate with SSI bigger high speed sealed bearings bored the case bigger with 160 degree pitch 4 lobe twist rotors with tefflon seals. Once its dyno tested on the blower dyno and track tested I would like to work with Charles at MP maybe make more using his cases. I am working with Citro Machine making the new rotors now and Kebelco coating the rotors. This retro M90 I have now is right at 35-36PSI we hope to gain much more PSI and keep it together with the MPX case. We are using VP C16 race fuel only after testing other race fuels this workes best with my setup

My goal from the start was running the first 9 second run and after the quicker 9.747et was pushing an SC with IRS 3.8V6 modified engine with M90 on race fuel alone into the 8's. We are knocking on the door of this next milestone in SC history. I spent a lot of money time and people with big resorces helping to get to this point its no easy task. I hope everyone appreciates it like you do and others we appreciate this so much. I like to document all this make an in depth web page for others to gain performance ideas from my effort and setup in making there own. Plus know the long history of the Silver Bullet from early years to now todays performance numbers

Again thank you
all most sounds like a m90 twin screw. how much od to get to 35psi? let me know when you get your page up, i like to check it out. how much hp is the silver bullet puting out? and what are your act's with that new water to air IC? that thing sounded fun here when it's a 110 out and i got 140 air comeing off the road trying to cool the IC:rolleyes:lol

Jim Demmitt Jr
06-22-2008, 01:42 PM
all most sounds like a m90 twin screw. how much od to get to 35psi? let me know when you get your page up, i like to check it out. how much hp is the silver bullet puting out? and what are your act's with that new water to air IC? that thing sounded fun here when it's a 110 out and i got 140 air comeing off the road trying to cool the IC:rolleyes:lol

Retro M90

We are doing what we can with an M90 baced blower to retain it and make it far better than the AR's. I am running an RCD 40% overdrive Cogged setup with a blower snout support. With the Carls Customs double IC unit we where getting 210-225 act's now with the new liquid to air IC we are getting 32 act's we hope to lower it to 22 with more fliud flow. The car is making 688.03rwhp thats before the IC change

Judith

I have her working on a web page as soon as we nail our next goal or milestone in SC history I like to post the link in my signuture. We may have went overboard with this money wies and time and man hours but its something I wanted to do and I hope others appreciate it like we do

nwnsc
06-22-2008, 03:10 PM
with the new liquid to air IC we are getting 32 act's we hope to lower it to 22 with more fliud flow :eek:now thats a intercooler!! im trying to beat the ar's the chep way ( big a** turbo feeding the blower):D let me know where i can get one of those ICs if i can afford it lol

David Neibert
06-22-2008, 11:38 PM
Retro M90

We are doing what we can with an M90 baced blower to retain it and make it far better than the AR's. I am running an RCD 40% overdrive Cogged setup with a blower snout support. With the Carls Customs double IC unit we where getting 210-225 act's now with the new liquid to air IC we are getting 32 act's we hope to lower it to 22 with more fliud flow. The car is making 688.03rwhp thats before the IC change

Judith

I have her working on a web page as soon as we nail our next goal or milestone in SC history I like to post the link in my signuture. We may have went overboard with this money wies and time and man hours but its something I wanted to do and I hope others appreciate it like we do

Jim,

This is a great story and I really appreciate all the work you have put into writing it.

David

Jim Demmitt Jr
06-22-2008, 11:52 PM
:eek:now thats a intercooler!! im trying to beat the ar's the chep way ( big a** turbo feeding the blower):D let me know where i can get one of those ICs if i can afford it lol

nwnsc

Keep me up to date on your setup when you get closer to needing an liquid to air IC well see if we can get you setup

nwnsc
06-22-2008, 11:59 PM
thanks jim im starting out with a inter cooler from a dodge desail cut down to fit. but would love to have it sucking on ice after i get it running:D

Jim Demmitt Jr
06-24-2008, 12:40 AM
nwnsc

I did a search and found this thread ( Turbo + Blower ) it may give you some ideas toward your setup. You have a good powerful idea of a setup

Link
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72939&highlight=auto+rotor+blower

mannysc
06-24-2008, 04:18 PM
Jim what is the total air flow of this blower with 4 lobes one revolution of a m90 is 90 cid so if you have 4 lobes and 1 inch added it will now be pushing lets say 120 cid? not being a arse just wondering what the cid of the blower is now ,

I have ordered a tvs eaton from a friend who took it off his GT but this sounds like a chaper way to go and still look stock ish

Jim Demmitt Jr
06-24-2008, 09:25 PM
Jim what is the total air flow of this blower with 4 lobes one revolution of a m90 is 90 cid so if you have 4 lobes and 1 inch added it will now be pushing lets say 120 cid? not being a arse just wondering what the cid of the blower is now ,

I have ordered a tvs eaton from a friend who took it off his GT but this sounds like a chaper way to go and still look stock ish

Manny

Its a neat deal woking with the M90 the cost is not cheap what we are doing the rotors are being machined than coated. Citro is machining them for tefflon seals as soon as its done we are going to put it on the blower dyno its an MPX case we just machined the back off added 1" spacer and new billet back plate gained 1" in rotor lenght. The case is machined bigger ID and changed the V outlet area we are a few weeks away from final tests than track test

This will be ran with 40% Cogged overdrive should make a good deal more PSI than M90 blower I have now at 35PSI. The total air flow of this blower with 4 lobes one revolution well know after dyno tests