Iridium Spark Plugs...what does everyone think?

Deep6

Recently I've seen some new players to the Iridium Spark plug market.

Specifically AutoliteXR and Champion. In addition to the Denso and NGK am I missing any other brand?

What does everyone think about these plugs? Are they good for a stock to mildly modded SC? Are they good in a heavy breathing SC?

ALso what does everyone think of the new Mobil 1 Enhanced Fuel Economy Synthetic Oil with the green cap? Anyone try it and see an enhancement?

I think it's a big waste of money on a stock to mildly modded car...but less of a waste on a heavily modded one. The Autolite 103s will work at pretty much any mod level, but won't last as long as platnium or iridium plugs. But when the car is heavily modded your usually changing plugs more often anyway, so plug life span isn't really an issue.

I'm using Denso Iridium plugs, but only because of the occasional nitrous use.

David

Recently I've seen some new players to the Iridium Spark plug market.

Specifically AutoliteXR and Champion. In addition to the Denso and NGK am I missing any other brand?

What does everyone think about these plugs? Are they good for a stock to mildly modded SC? Are they good in a heavy breathing SC?

ALso what does everyone think of the new Mobil 1 Enhanced Fuel Economy Synthetic Oil with the green cap? Anyone try it and see an enhancement?

i got the autolight 103 in mine-stock engine.you forgot bosch.as for the oil costs to much.il stick with valovine.

Essentially such plugs are a total waste of money. They generally provide no advantage over the stock double platinum plug. Only to be considered as an actual benefit if your engine is sufficiently radical from stock as far as power and or ignition system.

Back