safely run n/a

decipha

I've concluded the only way to resolve my boost problems is to figure out why my car is running so crappy to begin with.

how would i go about disabling the s/c for the time being?

im thinking i could:

disconnect the s/c belt
disconnect the vac line to the intake air flow valve and hold the valve full open

would the car be okay to run like that? do you think it would damage anything?

Possible but...

In order to do that, I believe you would need a tune on your car. Right now, the computer is set up to deliver x amount of fuel in relationship to the amount of air your car is sucking in (measured at the MAF). If you removed the SC, you wouldn't be compressing the air. You would end up with too much fuel for the amount of air in your engine.

If the car would actually run like that, it would be a dog and you would be fouling up your plugs pretty quick (and your 02 sensors). I'm sure there's probably more that I haven't mentioned, but I'm still new to the SC world.

if your car runs bad start with the easy things first, know that.. you've got good plugs and wires, check wire-connections and grounds, make sure there's good elect-grease under the dis, don't discount the egnition switch and it's box

The supercharger doesn't generate air, it just compresses it, well moves it really. Anyway, all air being taken into the cylinders, foregoing any vacuum leaks, is metered by the MAF.

You can remove the SC belt and open the bypass to run the car NA. I do agree that it will be a real dog driving around.

-Rod

In order to do that, I believe you would need a tune on your car. Right now, the computer is set up to deliver x amount of fuel in relationship to the amount of air your car is sucking in (measured at the MAF). If you removed the SC, you wouldn't be compressing the air. You would end up with too much fuel for the amount of air in your engine.

If the car would actually run like that, it would be a dog and you would be fouling up your plugs pretty quick (and your 02 sensors). I'm sure there's probably more that I haven't mentioned, but I'm still new to the SC world.

the supercharger doesnt make more air. however much air is pulled into the intake the MAF will measure and the computer will adjust injector flow, regardless of wether or not the supcharger is running.

fuel pressure is raised by a vac line connecting the fuel pressure regulator to the return plenum. this raises pressure 1 for 1 with each psi of boost.

many ppl have run their sc's without the supercharger, mostly to figure out other problems (some try and get good gas mileage :p). u can do it by removing the sc belt and tying the bypass valve open
try it and see how she runs.

The supercharger doesn't generate air, it just compresses it, well moves it really. Anyway, all air being taken into the cylinders, foregoing any vacuum leaks, is metered by the MAF.

You can remove the SC belt and open the bypass to run the car NA. I do agree that it will be a real dog driving around.

-Rod

get off my brainwave !!:D

cool... thanks for letting me know for sure, i figured i could just wanted to verify.

btw... i think i just figured out my boost problems... i went to go pull the tension off my s/c tensioner and it wasn't even tight! The tensioner was so loose that i could actually move it with my hand.

i still removed the s/c belt anywho along with the jackshaft belt too.. no need to spin the jackshaft if the supercharger isin't spinning.

hopefully i can figure it out.. im about to run to walmart ~4 blocks away real quick to test it out.

or you can just stay outa the gas and not go into boost. the car not in boost will probably run better then it WOT with no boost.....

and whats the boost problem

Note that I heard reported that driving Kenny Wagner's car back from Iowa after seizing the m112 with the belt off was surprisingly snappy. Certainly down on power, but not the dog you might expect for the limited air flow.

I have driven my sc with the belt off and the bypass open...It fell flat on its face up top as though someoen closed my throttle.

A miss like this usually ignition related (plug wires mostly). I'd just make sure they are in tip top shape then work it from there. Make sure to check gap as well

Back