Check out these spark plugs...

Deep6

I apologize if these have already been seen and/or discussed on this board before.

It's been a while since I've been able to visit regularly but with the summer air around I've been thinking of all sorts of things. Check out these spark plugs and tell me if you guys think they are junk:

www.pulstarplug.com

and for performance cars:

www.directhits.com

Anything that says it "accumulates" anything is going to be complete junk.

It can't accumulate anything that isn't already going to an existing spark plug from the ignition system. Both sites are full of techno jargon that doesn't mean anything.

DirectHits is a High Power Discharge spark plug (HDP) generating 500 amps of peak discharge current ...10,000 times more power than LPDs. Power to really ignite fuel

the motor will transform in plasma and kill all human around 1 km lol

this kit will probably burn anode and catode of spark plug in 2 week

bad english i know sorry

I thought so....

They're pretty expensive too.

You would think that if they didn't work, more people would be tee'd off with them.

I guess that they are pure junk then. I wonder if I should try them out for 30 days and compare my mileage. If not satified I could always return them for a full refund. :rolleyes:

Supposedly it's supposed to keep the initial charge and make one bigger spark (a cap is inside the spark plug it looks like)...

I had a friend get them for his new SE-R and they were definitely pretty looking but they were the wrong thread for his car (they copied the stuff from the old specs) but they refunded his money and gave him a credit.

I would buy them if I had nothing else to buy just to see, but I need end links, etc - magazines have been recording good gains with it so I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

I'm just worried about boost hitting this uber big spark... :)

come on folks. Capacitors require time and voltage to charge. when the engine computer tells the cylinder to fire, it doesn't mean later.. it means now. Second, we already have voltage, so the plug won't get any more than is already there... so how is it going to do better?

At best such plugs will take advantage of a ignition system that has a slow rise to peak voltage and can live with the late ignition event. Ours is certainly not that type of ignition system.

If you want to try them, I suggest finding a buddy with a mustang dyno that will let you run back to back runs with stock plugs vs these plugs. Then you'll actually know if there is any benefit.

Back