PDA

View Full Version : Server busy,try again later!!!

z90sc
09-11-2002, 12:48 AM
Getting this too much lately....plus had to log in twice today....what's going on with this site?

fastsc92
09-11-2002, 03:28 PM
yes its getting pretty sad. Funny how every other site runs just fine...but this one is always busy....always. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Kellls
09-11-2002, 03:51 PM
It is amazing how many people use this site and never contribute even $5.00 to keep it going. You clearly have nothing better to do than complain... why not use your efforts more effectively and contribute some $ toward a new server?

al35thsc
09-11-2002, 03:55 PM
Funnier how that was your first post. Me thinks you are someones alter ego...either that or you are a newbie and dont know JACK!

Al

JAFO
09-11-2002, 04:05 PM
Will paying the dues to join the club help? Does some of that go into the server fund or are they 2 different entities altogether?

Kellls
09-11-2002, 04:15 PM
hhhmm, so I guess having 365 posts make you... well... SMART?

I do alot of reading on this site... I am not new to the issues going on. I stay fairly up to date on what is going on, specifically when there are issues which people feel they must complain about and offer no help to fix.

I assure you, I am no one's alter ego... just someone who is tired of all the whining! All I am saying is that if people cannot help with words of encouragement or $ or whatever, why waste your time and ours by complaining!

tbirdsc357
09-11-2002, 04:31 PM
No need to drag this out again:rolleyes:

mannysc
09-11-2002, 04:40 PM
I get paid next week Ill contribute if we all do we wont have problems everyone wants to susceed from the sccoa that would be like the usa spliting up as one we are a force to reckon with alone we are just another little groupwith the pull and power of newguinnea not a world power at all . im proud to be part of the sccoa and its large amount of members. so my money will be donated soon, it dont take much per person I believe if you post here you should donate something even if its just $5 .

al35thsc
09-12-2002, 12:55 PM
365? Oh there is WAY more than that, but I lost it in the EZ Board transition *sniff* *sniff* and no it doesn't make me smart, but, um, trust me on this, you learn a lot more by asking questions than by just reading, specially with some of the stuff you read here.

You should however PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH. To every post there is saying "$erver Too Bu$y I am very Mad grrrr", there are about a dozen more like yours saying "blah blah blah contribute or dont complain", and I'm tired of reading those as well as the other ones. I just thought it was funny that you "do alot of reading on this site" yet thought it would be the best thing to do to finally post, and have your VERY first post be telling someone off for a post that annoyed you *rolle eyes*.

My advice is simple, A tree falling in the woods makes no sound if there is no one there to hear it. So dont reply to the $erver too bu$y crap and it wont stay at the top and annoy the hell out of you and me and everyone else by replying to it making the readers have to sift through crap.

Al

Tazer999
09-12-2002, 01:21 PM
Paying to be a member will not help the server. You have to directly contribute to a server fund (which is way overpriced..)

mannysc
09-12-2002, 06:40 PM
its not the money its not the club its not the people who dont post its not first timers its all of it . will it help if idiots like me would remember to log out seems I always seem to stay loged in it probably dont help. and I do tend to post idiotic stuff sometimes maybe if I alone stop posting bs it will make a difference.

JAFO
09-12-2002, 07:20 PM
I like BS posts!
All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy.

:p

white90sc
09-12-2002, 08:06 PM
al35thsc,

i have seen SCGIRL on here about over 1 year ago and i really even seen you around that much i think you should be looking up to her and ack like an ~~~ hoLe, and by the way, that is not something to say to a girl anyways come on man.

Tazer999
09-12-2002, 08:09 PM
err, a xxxxx owning al? Jerry, your an xxxxx, al has been here quite a bit longer then u, and probably that chick also. Just because he doesn't voice his opinion and make himself look stupid doesn't mean he doesn't hang out here (altho al is a little *weird*)

:D

Edited for rude content.

Wicked SC
09-13-2002, 01:28 AM
Whoa, Whoa!! Do I feel tension in the club? Come on now!! You all should be ashamed of yourselves. We are here to help each other out. Now everybody, GROUP HUG!! After that, we all can hold hands and sing CUMBAYA (sp?)!! :D :p

89BlownBrd
09-13-2002, 11:56 AM
I find it hard to believe that all the dues from members are being used for something else and there's absolutely nothing left over to make the BBS a little more available

mannysc
09-13-2002, 04:24 PM
before me i believe. I dont think he meant and animosity towards her . he just gets tired of the same comments over and over. al is a cool dude he loves the club alot and dont like to see it down talked . also we all wonder at times if the money is going where we think we are sending it . a bbs fund run strictly for the bbs id contribute to big time. we should all be brothers and sisters of the sccoa and listen to our siblings, and help them understand, and yes like brothers and sisters we sometimes argue it dont mean we are not a family it just means we think differently if you look at the end result we are all trying for its probably the same thing just different roads to get there.

Coast to Coast SC
09-13-2002, 05:57 PM
Manny that was touching...brought a tear to my eye...jk:D Moral of the story, Al's always looked out for the best for the group and I believe he has again...but in spite of that, here I go bumping this to the top:mad: BTW: My first post here was 9/99 and Al was right there (shortly) plugging away fighting the good fight and doing his best to help.

Anthony

Al, is your head going to fit in the car after all of this?

mannysc
09-13-2002, 06:51 PM
HEY IM NOT ALL MUSHY HE IS A COOL DUDE. WHATS UP DIDNT YOU LIKE MY SOOTHING YET CALMING IMAGE i POSTED . HE HE HE LOOKS LIKE A AD for a mortuary or something! man I almost had myself beleiving al can walk on water. he we you her all want whats best for the club. and als head probably wont fit after all this a$$ kissing, lol

al35thsc
09-14-2002, 01:18 PM
Yep white90sc, you caught me, I'm a newbie!!! *rolleyes* Also I didn't speak ill to her or disrespected her just pointed out something I found ammusing. If I sat here and pointed out dumb stuff about members, trust me, I'd be in here for a while. Fortunately I found other forms of tech stuff and bs stuff mixed in with tech so it substitute for the server busy stuff and newbies like you who come in here and take names from members like Adam Mullen (white91sc), who are legends in the SC scene, and annoy the hell out of the members who are actually IMPORTANT to this club (end rant)

Anyway thanks for my buds for sticking up for me, and catch ya'll later.

Al "The Newbie" 35thSC

Dale Puumala
09-15-2002, 05:15 PM
How ironic....I got the server busy message a bunch of times while reading through this thread. Go figure....

And al, you're just a doofus and you know it. :p

Frankly, it's bogus that the site is always "busy." I don't see any other sites (not just Thunderbird) looking for "extra" money over and above the dues to buy server equipment.

If you want to go somewhere where it's not busy, just go over to the TBSCEC. No server busy stuff over there. Just good technical info.

Dale

*wonder how long it'll take for this to get deleted now*

white90sc
09-15-2002, 07:30 PM
Yep white90sc, you caught me, I'm a newbie!!! *rolleyes* Also I didn't speak ill to her or disrespected her just pointed out something I found ammusing. If I sat here and pointed out dumb stuff about members, trust me, I'd be in here for a while. Fortunately I found other forms of tech stuff and bs stuff mixed in with tech so it substitute for the server busy stuff and newbies like you who come in here and take names from members like Adam Mullen (white91sc), who are legends in the SC scene, and annoy the hell out of the members who are actually IMPORTANT to this club (end rant)

yup, your right i love to take names from people on this board, it injoys me so so much thanks "Adam" for the name, it means so much to me thanks......

really, why in the hell would i copys someones name :rolleyes: i mean come on is that all you got on me? im a nice guy but there is so much ignerent people on this board for example:

by tazer99 And Jerrry is good for having the biggest/most pointless signature, most moronic posts, and the only one to put on a fricken ricer intake onto his car (from a ricer company)

we can do without these post there are much much more post then this:rolleyes:

-Jerry-

white90sc
09-15-2002, 08:58 PM
but i guess i better stick with the better of the site and stick with tccoa.com
thanks

ohh yeah my ford focus "ricer" intake tube

http://members.tccoa.com/vicratlehead/focusintake.jpg

:rolleyes: h

al35thsc
09-16-2002, 12:52 PM
And al, you're just a doofus and you know it.

HEY!!! I resemble that remark...

it injoys me so so much....would i copys someones name....there is so much ignerent people on this board

Yep, "there is so much ignerent people on this board" and unfortunately, you are one of them...

Seriosuly bro, I'm sure you are a decent guy in person, (as I'm sure most are on this board, except for Tazer) but you chose to stick your nose in something that didn't concern you and you wanted to look all bad arsed and be a keyboard warrior so Blah. Next time, take this kinda crap to email so the whole world doesn't need to hear about it, and yep, this will be my last reply on here and I'm taking my own advice.

Al

NYC Russ
09-16-2002, 01:40 PM
And that's why we love Al!!

mannysc
09-16-2002, 02:28 PM
damn fool thats one ugly super chicken.

Micahdogg
09-16-2002, 02:48 PM
How can a guy cut a tree down while his son cuts it up?

Micah

Tazer999
09-16-2002, 08:50 PM
I just got owned by al?

How the hell does that work? :confused:

You know your the only one in my life al, :D

mannysc
09-17-2002, 11:01 AM
im GONNA TELL !!!!! DUDES IT WONT WORK TO MANY CULTURAL DIFFERANCES CANADIANS LIKE BACK BACON LATINOS LIKE MAKIN BACON, CANADIANS LIKE BEER , LATINOS LOVE BEER, CANADIANS LIKE SOCCER , LATINOS LIKE SOCCER AH ERR DAMN MAYBE IT WILL WORK , GREAT COUPLE LIKE PONCHO VILLA AND DUDLEY DO WRIGHT. LOL HE HE HE HE

al35thsc
09-17-2002, 11:05 AM
Damnit Tazer!!! you are so...uh..."strange" :D

Al

mannysc
09-17-2002, 11:11 AM
THATS ONE UGLY ROOSTER OR ROASTER?

Deep6
09-17-2002, 06:39 PM
That since the MN12 nats, that this site has been peppered with "PAYPAL DONATE" buttons everywhere?

I just got a "server busy" message again for the umteenth time and this time a little "DONATE" button was attached. It's almost as if someone *expects* you to donate by accidentally clicking on one of those buttons and maxing out their credit card......

You see before, the statement "server busy" had the hidden message of "I'm too fricken busy to waste my time and actually do my job and provide you with service"

Now the "new" message is *almost* like saying "you ignorant xxxxxx, you will still keep on seeing this xxxxxx message until you pay up".

But hey, it's just my opinion. Maybe I"m just pi$$ed cause my car is broke....

white90sc
09-17-2002, 07:58 PM
;)

Tazer999
09-17-2002, 08:34 PM
No, but you sure as xxxx xxxxx xxx xx xxxxx Jerry

xx xxxx xx your tccoa

edited for rude comments...a habit with Taz

Deep6
09-18-2002, 07:39 PM
The Cuss police are out to get us.

Instead of cussing, when we are mad we should say "server busy".

For example, "Holy crap, I can't believe the stupid 'server busy' who cut me off in traffic today, what a complete 'please try again later' he turned out to be, when I waved at him, he just flipped me the 'paypal donate' finger at me".

Or

"Listen, you can't speak to me like that, Oh yeah, well your mother is a 'server busy' and your daddy is a 'paypal donate', don't make me open up a can of 'please try again later' on you!"

Ok, I gotta stop cause I'm being a Wise'server busy'. Oh jeez there I go again if I don't shut my big fat'paypal donate' someone here is going to kick my 'please try again later' all over the place.

z90sc
09-19-2002, 02:08 AM
when I started this thread...but I do have one more question.If this server could'nt handle 25 members and 39 gsts online tonite [9/18]@10:30pm or 38 active users on 9/13 @11:41 pm without giving a "server busy"......then how could it handle "most users online 94 on 9/9@10:38pm?" 'Nuff said...ain't sayin' no more...I've caused too much trouble already to you nice people.
z

Deep6
09-19-2002, 03:55 PM
I'll assume' (that's pronounced ~~~-you-may) that those 94 'user's were just idle, where as when there are large amounts of data being transmitted (you know the HUGE pics of sunsets) it can bog down the 'homebrew' server.

So if folks want to help out, I suggest that they cut down on the huge pics and flashing sigs. In other words, if you think that it's using additional bandwidth to get your message across, look for ways to edit the big stuff.....

Dale Puumala
09-19-2002, 04:17 PM
Most of those large pics aren't even hosted on this site, though. They are usually hosted by another site (like mine). So it's just a hyperlink to elsewhere. It doesn't bog this server at all.

Dale

Tazer999
09-19-2002, 07:34 PM
Lets list problems with the sever and what we can do about it

Problems:
1) You are paying an assload too much for it, and won't listen to me as to where to get a cheap one
2) You continue to allow people to attach images to posts (that sucks major bandwidth)
3) Don't put a damn graphic at the top of every page, that needs to be downloaded every time the page is visited (more waste)

Ways to ease the problem
1) get a real server
2) charge people to chaneg their avatars / titles ($3 to change their own, $5 to change someone elses)
3) Disable file attachments

If you did that it would be a hell of a lot easier

Deep6
09-23-2002, 06:11 PM
I've been coming to this web page since 1998 even before I got my SC in 1999, and I STILL can't figure out how to post pics.

From what I gather, I should scan them into my computer. I do have a crappy document scanner. Check.

Then I am supposed to find a web site with free hosting that will allow me to start an account. (Haven't done that yet)

Then when I want to post the message, I'm supposed to hyperlink it to that site where my pic is located, by cutting and pasting my address up in the browser.....

Anyway, I think this is pretty much the way I'm supposed to do this.

But at any rate, I agree with Tazer, Getting a real server would solve 99.9% of the probs.