Mark 8s have Aluminum spares

getblown

So we all know, I budddy of mine picked up a spare out of a Mark8 the other day becuase he thought he had heard they are aluminum. We stuck a magnet on it and sure as its hot out side, it didnt stick.

Marks have Aluminum spares too, just thought Id solve some AL. spare troubles.

Joe

They are 16" wheels, which doesn't really matter if you're using it for a spare, but finding tires in order to use them as front runners at the track is an issue.

-Rod

I have had this issue. I have a set of these spares. I have 2 options on tires. Continental Vanco 8's in 185/75/16 or interco M&H racemaster front runners. Don't have a price on them. The continentals are about $100 each on tirerack.
I wish I could find something smaller than 185, only in europe.
Alan

I got one out of a MK VIII and it appears to be the same weight as the standard steel spare in our SCs.....

I have the steel spares now, The markVIII aluminum one feels much lighter to me. I'll weigh them once I get them put together.
Alan

I just went and checked mine....They are both 15s. Kind of sucks because I have Mark brakes on the front so I have to get a set of Sable/Taurus spares which are 16s....but they are steel.

Chris

Any markVIII spare will work. The 93's were the same as the SC spare in some cases. The 94's I have seen are the aluminum. The rest are supposed to be steel, but they might be aluminum as wlel, just painted black so everyone thinks they are steel. Finding dot rated tires for them is complicated. I just got a set. Only one size I found that will work. Continental Vanco 8 185/75/16. They are discontinued as well. Tire rack has 1 left from what they told me.
Alan

Back