Is my problem injectors?

Wing King

I am thinking its the injectors on my car or bad gas. It can't be bad gas all the time right. Theres no leaks anywhere. I replaced all the sensors and add some horse power. If I was to guess I would say 280 hp. The thing is I dont get to use all the power. When I hit the gas sometimes it feels like its choking. After I drive for about 5 miles the check engine light may come on untill I turn the car off. When I start it up again its off. Please help me. I had this car for 12 years and just rolled 100,000 miles.

u need to describe the symptoms a lil more. is it stuttering, bucking, surging... ?

whats ur vacuum gauge read at idle ?

any maintenance done lately ?

what performance parts were added ?

k&n, 76 mm air flow, mid size headers & exhaust. When it idles it reads like it always has. It will point at 9 o'clock. When the Ac is on it reads at 10 o'clock. I wouldn't say that it bucks at all. Surging yes and stutter. plugs and wires have been done about 10,000 miles ago.

I think your 280 is a bit off with just those mods...

And what about fuel filter and/or pump? With 100k miles, wouldn't surprise me if your pump is starting to go?

-Melon

Thanks for the info. I did change the pump and filter not so long ago. I do baby this car. I maybe off on the hp a bit the way it looks. I did alot more then just that. My guess is about the 280 or less.

Please list what year of car you have and all mods performance or not to the car. You didn't even list a overdrive pulley. From the mods you listed, your HP estimate is a bit high.

From

oops. It a 1990. I rebuilt the motor and selled everything. All the vacuum lines. has a racing clutch. I really have replaced all the sensores except the map. I guess thats next.

If you have a CEL light on, there is something wrong. You need to check codes. You can do it with a paper clip. Do a search on OBD1 test. Read everything you can. The computer will tell you what is wrong most of the time.

Back