my bird is sick Bad cold starts

posjr

My bird is really sick. First problem i had a eshaust leak before o2. Car over heated and all went bad. So when the car first over heated it had hard cold starts. Fixed the leak. Still have hard cold starts. After trying to start the car for about 5mins car will hold idle. Than run fine. No smoke good power ect. But i looked at my coolant resovier and its bubbling. So i my have a headgasket leak. But would like to fix the cold start first. Any help please. Car has been down for almost two months. And i miss try the bird. :eek:

Since you have a 95 try this. Swap the two large relays in the power distro panel under the hood. Your EEC power relay could be bad. I had the same problem on my 94. It would crank and crank. Sometimes it would start and sometimes it would not. When it did start it would run fine. Over time the EEC relay contacts will burn building up a residue. When power is applied to the relay, the contacts will not close properly and no power to your EEC. Also no power to the fuel pump. On 94 and 95 SCs, the EEC provides the ground for the fuel pump relay.

If that does not fix it look at the ignition switch. However, usually on the ignition switch other things will work intermittent like power windows and radio to indicate the switch is going bad.

Ed

If you have a blown head gasket it could be causing your car to run rough. You could be loosing compression in one or more of the cylinders.

So my cold start problem was the TB. Damn thing has been nothing but problems since i got it. When i did a pressure test on the ic piping. Which i have a fmic lots of air was blowing by the linkage area. I didnt check the TPS V's which my have moved. I dont know but i dont whant it nomore....

Now i have a rough car with little smoke out the back. I Tried some stop smoke headgasket repair which i hope will hold for a month.

Also found my fan fuse melted again. So i'll have to hot wire that baby back up.

Back