SPEC Clutch question

90coug

So I took out the Spec Stage2 clutch and went back to my OEM and the clutch was still stiff. I didn't bleed it again after I installed the original. So this tells me that the pressure plate is the culprit for the stiffness everyone on here complains about. I could be wrong, seemed logical to me though.

What other pressure plate could I use in place of the spec one? I'd like to keep my aluminum flywheel and clutch friction pad but go with another pressure plate so it's not so stiff. Any ideas? Would one of the competitors work?

Also I snagged up a friction surface replacement part for the flywheel, picture below. No directions on tightness or pattern for putting it together. I will assume 15-22 ft lbs in a circular pattern in-->out. Better ideas?

Thanks,

Attachments

• P5090001.jpg
    P5090001.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 92
of course the pressure plate is the cause of a stiff pedal. The clutch disk just sits there.

Centerforce dual friction is less stiff.

Ye sthe pressure plate is teh cause of stiffness..That in combination with the style and material used on teh disc is what causes it to grab how it does.

Centerforce DF is a good compramise between stock an da spec clutch when using your car as a street car

Back