91 351W 5 speed Cougar for SC

351cat

I've got a 91 Cougar LS that i swapped a carb'd 351W and SC 5 speed into. I've put about 30k miles on the drivetrain DD'ing and a couple trips to KC/STL. Car runs excellent, trans grinds in second. Has a t-lock 8.8 w/ 3.08's. Gets an easy 19mpg on the higway, sometimes better depending on speed.

Only bad thing about the car is pretty well developed rocker rust. I have pics and will send upon request. the chassis has 203,000 miles on it.

Looking to trade for an SC in comparable condition. Only reason is i've decided i want an SC now. :D

Thanks,
Brad

i got a sc

i got a 89 sc 5spd 112,xxx on very good condtion it needs brake booster changed i have the new one. the radator is out right now but a new one is going in . could you send me some pics of the car? ckastner73@yahoo.com thanks cory

dyno vids

i have some dyno vids of said car, if that helps :)

i've seen this car in person, its kinda rough on the outside, a bit inside, but this car was built right, no corners cut, it runs and drives VERY well.

http://media.putfile.com/Cougar-LS-351-Windsor-swap-dyno1
http://media.putfile.com/Cougar-LS-351-Windsor-swap-dyno2

not the best quality, but enjoy! :)

the car put out some low, but respectable numbers for the low compression the motor is currently running, the owner had planned on going forced induction.

Thanks tyler. I've got some pix over on this Thread... Dont really have time to swap it all over at the moment. I've got new pix too, but havent transferred from the cam yet.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=113047

It's got a good amount of rocker rust, it needs front pads, and it grinds second. The front suspension could use a freshening up. Overall has been a Great DD.

The pic showing the shifter is no longer valid, it's got stock SC lever and boot now, with a mustang shift knob. It's about to roll over 204k on the chassis, motor's got about 20k on it. Trans milage is unknown (i've put 10k on it)

Very solid drivetrain, and like another member said, the hard part's done. :D

Pics and Vid. Enjoy

And a video of a cold start.(to show it runs and how will it starts every morning :D

What kinda horsepower does this thing make? any time slips? Im assuming the A/C is gone but does it still have power steering?

It has power steering, and your correct, no ac. All the plumbing is there, and if you could find MN12 5.0 brackets, and get a compressor, you could but a/c on it (would need a good flush though) I dont have any time slips. I've never ran it, for fear of breaking it (it's not much but it was my only transportation for a while. It made 180 Horse and 260 Torque at the wheels. It's not a race car, i built it as a DD (once i realized i wouldnt be able to afford that Supercharger i wanted) It's a stock build w/ the exception of a .040 overbore (necessary, not voluntary) and hypereutectic pistons.

The engine is originally from a 72 Galaxie 500, according to the numbers i was able to trace.

Back