SC powered Ferrari replica - It's alive and it drives.

SC Spyder

I was begining to think this day was never going to come but with the help of many of you SC'rs I was able to work my way through many problems.

I think I started this project about three years ago and in another state, I've since relocated to Florida where we can use the car more often.

There are a few trim items to finish and the next part will be to get a Dyno tune to take advantage of the 5% jackshaft pulley and 2-1/4" exhaust. When money allows I will upgrade to 4 wheel disc brakes and some 17 or 18 inch wheels then a new paint job.

If you are interested, follow the link to my google album.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mccleary.doug/Ferrari

So again - thank you to all that were kind and patient enough to answer my many questions.

Attachments

• DSC00126.jpg
    DSC00126.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 178
that spyder is so cool, I am curious at how much the car weighs and of course the performance numbers when it is available, like 1/4 times.

Nice work!!!

That is some great work their man!!!!!

Excellent Job, looks right at home in the engine compartment!!!

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom

Specs

The car weighs under 2700lbs with me in it and right now it has a set of 3:00's in the rear end but a set of 3:55's will go in shortly.

Interestingly enough, the 351 that came out weighed just about the same. The motor was mildly modded but pushed the car to high 13's with the 3:00's so I am expecting some quicker times especially 60 ft times.

The engine is stock with the exception of a 94 windage tray, 5% jackshaft pully, K & N filter, ported exhaust manifolds & a full 2 1/4" dual exhaust with 2 1/4" cross over.

Sounds good with the supercharger whine and the exhaust.

See my member page for more info on the car.

Attachments

• Dsc00015.jpg
    Dsc00015.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 105
  • Ferrari at Louden.jpg
    Ferrari at Louden.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Ferrari in Woods Hole.JPG
    Ferrari in Woods Hole.JPG
    226.9 KB · Views: 85
Jake - Handling.

Car has almost 50/50 distribution but .... and is pretty neutral.

Suspension is all coil-overs (four bar rear) with heim or poly joints so it is pretty predictable

Turn in is pretty good but it does demonstrates a little roll steer, no decernable bump steer however. I think I can just raise the tie rod ends but need to work on that in the near future.

It currently only has a front antiroll bar, and I need to resove the roll steer before I add a rear bar.

It's real happy above 70. A chin spoiler helps suck it down to the road at higher speeds.

Doug

This 100% the best work I have seen very nice that Spyder with a 3.8 V6 M90 is well tought out and built to perfection. Its nice to see a project like this the time and effort you put into it its amazing and appreciated by us all please keep us up to date on the progress

This should be in Non-Tech as well so all can see and appreciate your work its so neat very nice Doug

Back