sc bogging down

ajhansen91

i bought a 90 supercoupe for the second time and with this one i cant get it to run properly when you punch the gas to get to where the vac boost kicks in it starts to shake and bog down other i am putting new plug wires in to c if that helps the car doesnt want to get up and go is it getting to much gas to it or what is going on please write back my email is ajhansen91@hotmail.com thanx Aaron

it may not be getting enough fuel or u have a good vacuum leak somewhere.

get ahold of a fuel pressure gauge and measure ur pressure with the car idling (can't remember but i think it should be about 40psi). if it bad try changing the fuel filter but it could be the fuel pump going out.

if its good move on to vac leaks. with the car running, spray all the vac lines with carb cleaner. if u hit a leak u will hear the rpm's kick up and the idle will smooth out.

let us know wut happens

mine was shuddering, jolting when i went into boost, change of spark plugs and wires seemed to work great, it boosts up to 10 now and no surging. Also replaced coil. Could just be something like that

Bogging is usually from not enough fuel. Check the fuel pressure and make sure it's at about 39 psi (engine running vacuum line off) or at zero vacuum with line on. It should also increase One PSI for every PSI of boost increase...so at 10 pounds of boost you should see about 49 psi.

If the pressure is low, it could be a hose off the regulator, bad regulator, clogged fuel filter or a weak fuel pump.

David

PS: Bucking/backfiring under boost is usually ignition related (plugs & wires).

sc bogging and shaking when it gets into boost

when you hook it up to the computer when engine is running the computer wont talk to me only when car is off and plugs and wires did not help im so sad about this i just cant get it to run right and nobody knows whats wrong with it please help my email is ajhansen91@hotmail.com

I agree with everything Dave Neibert said---I'm betting you have a fuel pump thats biting the dust...................Dan

had my fuel pump go out about 7months ago, it had bad chugging for about 2 miles then crapped out. so i to agree with dave, i think it your fuel pump bud :/

Back