Is there an oil level sensor?

Rob m

I have had an issue a couple times where the motor dies momentarly when cornering hard. It has happened a few times and i can reproduce the condition but I don't have a cause or solution. The only thing I can think of is that there is an oil level sensor and under extreme conering It loses pressure. I don't know what else it could be. any thoughts??

The computer won't kill the engine for a loss of oil pressure (not that I know of).

What might be happening is that you are getting a wire grounding out as you turn. I had a problem once where the car ran badly and almost died when I turned one way, but not the other. A spark plug wire had chafed and grounded out on the manifold every time I turned left. So you might try checking that. It could also be another sort of wire, like a ground strap or sensor wire.

I have had an issue a couple times where the motor dies momentarly when cornering hard. It has happened a few times and i can reproduce the condition but I don't have a cause or solution. The only thing I can think of is that there is an oil level sensor and under extreme conering It loses pressure. I don't know what else it could be. any thoughts??

Did you have enough fuel in the car? The fuel pump and pickup is located on the passenger side of the fuel tank. If you are running low on fuel and cornering hard to the right you could be loosing fuel pump suction since the SC fuel tank is fairly flat.

Also, it is not a good idea to run with less then a quarter tank of fuel. The fuel pump relies on fuel for cooling. Running with low fuel could impact fuel pump longevity.

Ed

Back