Custom guages**New Question 7-3-08

franky_402

Well ive been talking to scott about some cusotm guages and i am ordering them as we speak, he sent me a proposal mock-up and i love it!!

I am getting the white faced large style text, with the 145mph speedo.

I am having a blue illumination for the lettering, i think it should be easier on the eyes, and it looks more modern to me.

Also im having supercharged in the speedo area, and the bird logo in the tach area.
Along with that, supercharged, bird logo, and premium fuel only will be lit up as well!! I am very excited and cant wait to get these installed into the car!!

guages.jpg

Last edited:
let me see, ill try to fix it

-------------------------------------------

Let me know if that works now!!

Last edited:
well scott sent me the guages before my payment even cleared thru paypal, they came saturday and i definetly wasnt expecting them, i installed them tonight, also i followed his instructions with adding the extra light and also changing four of the bulbs with the brighter w5w's. The only complaints i have is they dont light up as good as stock which i was kinda expecting, and near the end of the speedo around 135-145 its quite a bit darker then the rest of the speedo, my phone was dead so i didnt get pictures tonight!! Also i started the car and the water temp guage shot straight to the right so i definetly messed up that one, also i think my gas guage might be a little off so it will be coming back apart in a week or so! All in all i like them alot, nicer look IMO. Enough now pictures should be up tomorrow night!!

Good deal, looking forward to pictures. It took me a while to get the other gauges dialed in. The temperature needle, I just ran the car up to normal operating temperature and set the needle where I wanted it to be. I guess you are more or less doing that with the oil pressure gauge also. Put a full tank of gas in it to set the fuel gauge. Set the gauges while the car is running.

Did you recalibrate the speedometer or did your car already have 145mph speedo face? If not you'll need to do that.

yeah it was laready a 145 speedo, i also lost a couple of the clips to the dash surroundill have to retrieve those wen i fix those guages!! I should be able to get pics up soon. Maybe ill snap some with my camera phone for now. BRB

-------------------------EDIT----------------------------

Heres the pictures!!
Jun23_0001.jpg

Jun23_0003.jpg

Jun23_0004.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, so ive been dealing with the low lightin issues with the new guages, if i took some like 1500grit sandpaper and frosted the clear piece the guage adheres to wouldnt this spread the light more evenly?? I have already upgraded to the w5w bulbs but i need the light to spread a little better!

Back