Options on a fuel rail replacement

1puttpro

After changing the fuel injectors in my 90SC because the was some leaking on fuel on the passenger side manifold. Thinking it was a bad injector or two, or maybe an o-ring... I replaced and put the engine back together. It didn't fix the problem... so after a through exam, I noticed that all three injectors on the passenger side have a problem. The retaining clip doesn't slide evenly to lock in the injector. The opposite side of the rail, all injectors fit easily and the clip just slid in. Is it possible that some pitting or rust is to blame? I've tried switching clips, though it doesn't help. I'm think that there must be something wrong with the lip. Anyway... Is there any aftermarket fuel rails out there? I know I could find a used part... but then I might be right back in the same spot. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

Jim

Used fuel rails are your best bet. Stainless steel with high pressure hose, a fairly decent design. You can rebuild those with new flexible line portions and it'll work great.

Otherwise you'd need to have someone fab something up for you from billet fuel rail blanks. there isn't anything commercially available.

There was a great how-to article on Rebuilding the fuel rail, I think it was on mn12performance.com but its not lettin me on the site to double check. I used the article to rebuild mine and it worked awesome. U just need to find someone who carries the special aeroquip light blue socketless hose.

You may just need to slot the holes a little on the mounting tabs that bolt to the intake manifold to get the rail to sit closer to the intake manifold on the side thats leaking. By the way...don't bother reinstalling that bolt on the back of the driver's side head.

David

Back