I just added a little weight to the XR7...

racecougar

...but I think it was worth it. :)

radiatorcover1.jpg

emblem.jpg

radiatorcoverinstalled.jpg

The top of the '03 Cobra radiator was lacking in the looks department, so I made up a cover for it. I didn't keep track of how much time I put into that part, but I can safely say that I have at least 10 hours in it, the majority of which was spent doing the turning on the top and back sides. You're seeing one quarter of each of 1,344 half-inch diameter circles there. :eek: The pictures really don't do it justice. In person, the pattern "moves" with the light.

-Rod

That's beautiful Rod. I can't wait to see it in person.

Now here's the real question... how hard is that sucker gonna be to keep clean? I don't even want to think about it.

Thanks guys.

That looks great...what did you use to keep the pattern lined up ?

David

A 48" drywall square clamped to the table of the drill press functioned as a graduated fence. After each pass, I just had to move the fence back 1/4".

I was really wishing I had a mill all weekend.

-Rod

Rod, how much power is your 4.6 making now anyway? I guess I must have missed it if you posted it already. :eek: :rolleyes:

The XR7 badge on top really sets it off. :cool:

Rod, how much power is your 4.6 making now anyway? I guess I must have missed it if you posted it already.

At the moment, I'm still taking it easy on the new engine (5.0L stroker), but with 5 psi and 12 degrees of timing, it made 313.6 rwhp and 328.6 rwtq. It ran a 12.961 @ 105.38 MPH at the Shootout last year, which is the only time I've had it to the track with the new engine thus far.

The links in my signature will take you to my galleries over at TCCOA with a list of modifications, pictures, and some videos.

-Rod

Last edited:
At the moment, I'm still taking it easy on the new engine (5.0L stroker), but with 5 psi and 12 degrees of timing, it made 313.6 rwhp and 328.6 rwtq. It ran a 12.961 @ 105.38 MPH at the Shootout last year, which is the only time I've had it to the track with the new engine thus far.

I think its safe to say that you will be making way more rwhp then that. For example my buddies Marauder with just boltons and a tune is pulling 305rwhp intake to oil pan not touched.

And that rad cover looks awsome!

The links in my signature will take you to my galleries over at TCCOA with a list of modifications, pictures, and some videos.

-Rod

It does look real nice Rod. It would be great if we had picture galleries here on the SCCoA. Thats one area that disappoints me greatly with the SCCoA, anyway your car is one of my favorites

Ken

Last edited:
Ooo!

were not worthy....were not worthy.....were not worthy

Holy crap that looks sweet!
speckal paint in the engine bay, very unique

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
I think its safe to say that you will be making way more rwhp then that. For example my buddies Marauder with just boltons and a tune is pulling 305rwhp intake to oil pan not touched.

Oh, I know. I'm just not in any big rush to mess with what I've got, as I'm really happy with how it performs currently. You know I will start playing around with it sooner or later though. :)

It would be great if we had picture galleries here on the SCCoA. That one area that disappoints me greatly with the SCCoA...

I agree wholeheartedly. I've even suggested it once or twice. :(

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

-Rod

Looks great Rod, by far my favorite Cougar of all time, it just gets better and better everytime I see it. Keep up the good work! :D

By the way I sent you a PM on TCCoA.

Back