???? tried everything it still runs like crap any ideas??

jjm983

ok I have replaced the IAC, O2 sensors, cam sensor, maf, and just did the DIS because it tested bad, but the car still has a "put" missing sound and you have to keep your foot into it to keep it running when you first start it. also The idle is always acting up . What else can this be??

sorry, maybe you said it in earlier post but what is the vacuum running at? maybe its a bad seal or a bad line somewhere. thats what my problem was, i pulled off the upper and lower ic tubes and the sc top and resealed it all with rtv copper, put on a few new lines and clamped them down and the vacuum is back up. also might want to check the pcv on the back of the pass side make sure it is working right. but maybe you already did all this. just a thought

plugs/wires would have been the first thing i did... also reset the EEC if you havent already. My .02 :)

fuel??

Have you checked fuel pressure? Take a listen to all your injectors while running, also --- I found a dead injector one time...

Cheers!

hey stigs, exactly what should I be listining for in the injectors to know if they are working right?

you need to fix the idle issue before worrying about the mis, unless it is the mis that is preventing the idle.

Try and figure out which cylinder is missing.

you need to fix the idle issue before worrying about the mis, unless it is the mis that is preventing the idle.

Try and figure out which cylinder is missing.

I will piggyback on this one. Look at each sparkplug and notice what color and shape they are in. That will tell you which cylinder is missing. Could just be a bad wire.

Back