Flexplate

charged92

Do any of you guys in the US have a source for a flexplate for an auto? I can't seem to find one at any of the usual parts suppliers in my area. I do have a guy that might have a used one up here but still haven't heard back. Let me know please as I need this to get the bottom end balanced on my rebuild.

You don't need the flexplate to balance the bottom end. I have one I could sell if you are interested in paying intl shipping from MN.

You don't need the flexplate to balance the bottom end. I have one I could sell if you are interested in paying intl shipping from MN.

Is that because the sc is a zero balance motor because I know my 302 needed a flywheel and a balancer

The machine shop doing the work said I needed the flexplate, and balancer for balancing, so.........

The machine shop doing the work said I needed the flexplate, and balancer for balancing, so.........

If they want it, give it to them. I'm just saying it is not needed. Flexplates have metal dished out of them and or weights added and I don't believe it is to balance the engine. It is to balance the plate itself. Personally, and I am no engine builder, but I think it is stupid to create external dependencies to balance an engine. Engines should be balanced internally. So anything added to this engine would be zero-balanced itself.

Back