PDA

View Full Version : Hey Miller......

Ira R.
06-21-2008, 02:54 PM
So what's up with the car?? And what's up with that mystery car from CT? :p Did you guys ever get them running again or what??

Ira

Miller
06-21-2008, 04:05 PM
I took my blower + intake manifold off. found nothing worth talking about as far as "oooo there was the leak". Goign to replace the old beatup couplings, RTV all of my hoses onto the fittings + clamp them. Return plenum only had RTV on it and i knoticed some oil past where the RTV sealed so maybe that was it.Goign to make gaskets for anything that was just rtv. Im goign to sandblast all of the parts on the AR kit to look for cracks on the welds.. Haven't looked at car since i took it apart that day. still in pieces. Damons goign to come out and bolt it all back up with me since 2 minds are better then one. If that dosent work there will be another 94 sc being parted out. Im pretty over the whole sc deal now I just dont wanna be a quitter , just yet.

CT car is back in CT sitting around with no tune, chip in mail from dalke.

Ira R.
06-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Sounds like a plan. Really looking forward to see it back together again. It showed real potential last time I saw it run.

Ira

Miller
06-21-2008, 11:42 PM
we'll see what happens

Drozz30
06-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Good luck to you. Im very interested in seeing how much hp you put down when you get it straightened out.

BLOWN38
06-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Good luck on getting it right. But if it don't go right put me on the list for the AR kit if you sell it.

Miller
06-24-2008, 05:07 PM
okies

Damons first in line then Want2learnbird, then FKR if they want err' then public list starts... horray for my positive attitude ;)

TwoToneThunder
07-23-2008, 05:42 PM
only pussy's part out cars GET her back together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miller
07-23-2008, 05:49 PM
when i took it apart and found nothing that looked to be leaking, im not so eager to slap it back 2gether and go waste some more money to have it flop on the dyno, again. i'll finish it someday

Miller
08-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Got a bug up my ~~~ this morning. Cleaned the engine bay up a bunch, stripped paint off a bunch of parts + repainted. Damon came over and we went over everything with a fine tooth comb. Found a few tiny little bs things we fixed up. put on a different intake manifold that was ported a bit and sealed it up niceynice.put blower back in.. put rtv + hose clamps on all the vac lines... all thats left really is the IC tubes... I should have the car running again early in the week..

Ira R.
08-02-2008, 11:03 PM
Good to hear! Glad to hear you're going to get it back on the road soon.

Ira

XxSlowpokexX
08-03-2008, 01:21 AM
We found a few areas of concern. One involving the inlet/return plenum and the other the bypass. Hopefully it will be good to go. The boost leak he experienced during uning appears to have come from the reurn plenum with complications from the bypass area...We shall see..

We need one tbird spare.Anyone got one>???

seawalkersee
08-03-2008, 08:08 AM
Gpt several of emm...I would bring em to ya if you lived close.

Chris

XR7 Dave
08-03-2008, 09:47 AM
We found a few areas of concern. One involving the inlet/return plenum and the other the bypass. Hopefully it will be good to go. The boost leak he experienced during uning appears to have come from the reurn plenum with complications from the bypass area... What kind of complications?

Miller
08-03-2008, 07:31 PM
the bypass tube wouldnt stop leaking. we realized yesterday that it lines up like crap because of the raised top I have. It looks like if i had a top with the small flange it would fit niceynice, but i have one of the tops with the tall flange. we clearenced it a bit and fits much better then it did so i think its sealed up good now.if not i will just make a new one to fit what i have on. as far as the boost leak tho, guess is the rreturn plenum.. but we'll see i guess as there was nothing like " OH THERES THE PROBLEMMMMM"

XxSlowpokexX
08-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Yah Dave it was the crossover tube...We heated it up and dimpeled it to fit. The flange of the raised top was applying pressure and putting it an an weird angle.

The return plenum had evidence of oil leaking past the flange (boost leak). The way the AR sits on top of the return plenum flange was a lil bent...Straightened that out...Also Miller used a low quality silicon sealant which did not like to dry..And no gasket for the return plenum. The Bypass itself seemed to be fine

The last few pulls at the dyno observed a substantial loss in both boost and HP...SO Im thinking return plenum was the OH THAts WHAT IT WAS.....

Well see

Ira R.
08-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Yah Dave it was the crossover tube...We heated it up and dimpeled it to fit. The flange of the raised top was applying pressure and putting it an an weird angle.

The return plenum had evidence of oil leaking past the flange (boost leak). The way the AR sits on top of the return plenum flange was a lil bent...Straightened that out...Also Miller used a low quality silicon sealant which did not like to dry..And no gasket for the return plenum. The Bypass itself seemed to be fine

The last few pulls at the dyno observed a substantial loss in both boost and HP...SO Im thinking return plenum was the OH THAts WHAT IT WAS.....

Well see

Boost leak past the flange??? Now where did I hear that before :rolleyes:

Oh, right. At the dyno. But what do I know about the AR..... ;) :p

Ira :D

Miller
08-08-2008, 09:42 PM
so got'er all finished up. hooke dup my buddys boost guage and took it out 4 a little beating. makes and holds 21psi. no whistles, no funny noises, no leaks.

now need $'s for the tune

Miller
08-09-2008, 07:23 PM
<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i57.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid57.photobucket.com/albums/g217/lyli11er/100_5951.flv">

I deffinitly gotta raise my idle up a bit so it dosent drop that much into D, but other then that its all good in the hood.

* Ira, you told me at the dyno it looked like i just dragged it off the bottom of a swamp.. so I cleaned it up a bit for you ;)

PS- I still need an oil cap. The painters tape oil cap is killing my engine bay mojo. I think Dalke or the other Jason Miller should hook me up for paying to ship yah stuff...

CMac89
08-09-2008, 09:47 PM
The tape must stay. ~~~ Racing, FTW!!!

XxSlowpokexX
08-10-2008, 04:17 AM
Boost leak past the flange??? Now where did I hear that before

Oh, right. At the dyno. But what do I know about the AR.....

Ira

As I said. We found several potential issues...Of course Millah is the seeing is believing type of guy...21psi and no noises says hes a believer now....And Thanks to Damon for supplying tbolt clamps fromhis stash!

Ira R.
08-10-2008, 06:54 AM
Glad to hear he got the bug to get it running again. Looking to forward to seeing it on the road now that it's so clean.
:D

Ira

XxSlowpokexX
08-12-2008, 01:12 AM
It still needs a tune...He needs to get some skinnies up front (need one more spare) and misc lil stuff//You know like brakes. But shes alive !

XR7 Dave
08-12-2008, 09:20 AM
PS- I still need an oil cap. The painters tape oil cap is killing my engine bay mojo. I think Dalke or the other Jason Miller should hook me up for paying to ship yah stuff... I can do that.

Miller
08-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks Dave. I appreciate it.

KwikGSeX
08-13-2008, 04:06 AM
Boost leak past the flange??? Now where did I hear that before :rolleyes:

Oh, right. At the dyno. But what do I know about the AR..... ;) :p

NOOOooooOOooo.. What are you talking about Ira? Its not like someone physically walked over to the car with a can of Starting Fluid, sprayed the area and laughed as the car shut off after they swore up and down there was no boost leak..

Ira R.
08-13-2008, 07:43 AM
NOOOooooOOooo.. What are you talking about Ira? Its not like someone physically walked over to the car with a can of Starting Fluid, sprayed the area and laughed as the car shut off after they swore up and down there was no boost leak..

Hey, I didn't say I was the only one to point it out. Just that I did. Although I didn't need the starting fluid :rolleyes: :D

So how's the blue meanie coming along??

KwikGSeX
08-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Hey, I didn't say I was the only one to point it out. Just that I did. Although I didn't need the starting fluid :rolleyes: :D

So how's the blue meanie coming along??

It will be a scramble to get it ready for the shootout but Im 90% sure it will be there with a new tranny and repaired fuel pump..

PS - You knew and I knew there was a boost leak.. But to make the other genius realize there was one I had to grab the can.. LoL

Ira R.
08-13-2008, 12:46 PM
It will be a scramble to get it ready for the shootout but Im 90% sure it will be there with a new tranny and repaired fuel pump..

PS - You knew and I knew there was a boost leak.. But to make the other genius realize there was one I had to grab the can.. LoL

Too true... too true.

Well it would be nice to see it run again. Maybe Miller will bring his too.

Ira

Miller
08-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Im not even bringing myself, no less the car ;) $$$$$

XxSlowpokexX
08-13-2008, 08:26 PM
sprayed the area and laughed as the car shut off after they swore up and down there was no boost leak..

Unless Miller is two people who is the they because it certainly wasnt me. Anywaysss....

Miller still doesnt believe it made over 400rwhp with less then factory timing although I think now that we got it together good..Its feeling more like a 400rwhp plus car.

And guys..ENjoy the shootout!

Ira R.
08-13-2008, 09:57 PM
Unless Miller is two people who is the they because it certainly wasnt me. Anywaysss....

Miller still doesnt believe it made over 400rwhp with less then factory timing although I think now that we got it together good..Its feeling more like a 400rwhp plus car.

And guys..ENjoy the shootout!

Does anyone know how much timing it was set to?

Ira

XxSlowpokexX
08-15-2008, 01:30 AM
That I dont know IRA...I just know that Jason pulls timing out untill he has a good AF ratio. He then starts to add it back. Millers AF ratio wasnt even 100% when his car did the leaky whatever thing. Between t hat an dspark blowout he was having a bad day.. SO it never even had even full timing back into it. Im very interested to see what he does make though