Fuel pressure and general questions(UUGG NOT FIXED YET!!!!!)

XxSlowpokexX

WHat should fuel pressure be at idle with car running and vacuum on,,

I'm getting 32 at 14" of vacuum and 40 at 0(autometer gague)

Now what would cause this problem

I am getting a bucking every so often and sometimes worse then others. It seems to have gottten worse. Usually if I rev teh engine the bucking will clear up

Along with the bucking teh car goes ultra lean....

Thsu why I installed the fuel pressure gague. When teh car starts to buck however fuel presure remains unchanged

Can this be a TPS issue?....I need to pull codes as I have a permamnant CEL due to my EGR not being connected

Thansk all

Damont

Last edited:
your fuel psi should increase with boost/ less vacuum. you should be about 37 at idle and around 43 with 0 vac. this sounds like my vac leak problem. u might have one that's very small and doesn't effect your vac gauge but depending on climate and driving conditions makes the car buck, sometimes worse than others. if your fuel pressure goes down with less vac/ boost than its a fuel related problem either regulator or pump. if you 100 positive of no vac leaks (vac. leak test) then I would look at your sensors.

I had put in a new 255 pump a few weeks ago....WHich is why I'm thinking it may be the pump..Howeve rteh fact that it just start randomly bucking with no sway in pressure leads me to believe that may not be the issueveer..But 32-34psi seemed low to me..I just dont know!

Not since about months ago..SO I didnt directly after the install. DO you think that can be it even though fuel pressure stays consistant? I need to check codes still s well. I'll updat eif I find anything out..Busy work week

Mike well you are 100% correct. Seems teh problem with owning to many cars is you forget what you did to what when..Apparently my fuel filter was clogged. I pulled it out and could barely blow into it at either end..Changed it and wallaaa.....EVen looked to be factory ford...Scary...Anyways Imma happy

Thanks dude..Wasnt expecting this!

My guess is that there was some crud in the fuel pump you swapped out. moving the stuff around to change out the pump dislodged and/or the new pump's fresh pressure cleaned out stuff just sitting in the line. I'll throw one more suggestion at you.

Search and find how to jumper the fuel pump on. Then disconnect the feed line into your filter and run the fuel into the bucket, just in case there is little more stuff in there.

No smoking while working on that stuff.

SO isnt this how it always goes.....Runs great then all of a sudden.SAME CRUD!!!

Stilll doing it just as bad.....I dont know,,

THis will be a wekeend project. Apparently I need to start checking sensors or hook it up to a scanner as th eblinking check engine light method isnt working well for me

Definitely thinking of flushing the fuel out ..perhaps filter has reclogged...Dont know

WHat should fuel pressure be at idle with car running and vacuum on,,

I'm getting 32 at 14" of vacuum and 40 at 0(autometer gague)

Now what would cause this problem

I am getting a bucking every so often and sometimes worse then others. It seems to have gottten worse. Usually if I rev teh engine the bucking will clear up

Along with the bucking teh car goes ultra lean....

Thsu why I installed the fuel pressure gague. When teh car starts to buck however fuel presure remains unchanged

Can this be a TPS issue?....I need to pull codes as I have a permamnant CEL due to my EGR not being connected

Thansk all

Damont

Damon,

Sounds more like an ignition problem than fuel starvation.

David

Miller..I actually ordered a new coil pack. I tested it and it doesnt seem to be the issue but who knows
Yah fuel pressure is between 32-34 so I guess thats about right..

Well new flywheel and clutch going is soon as well....ITS BECOMING A MONEY PIT! haha!

Miller..I actually ordered a new coil pack. I tested it and it doesnt seem to be the issue but who knows
Yah fuel pressure is between 32-34 so I guess thats about right..

Well new flywheel and clutch going is soon as well....ITS BECOMING A MONEY PIT! haha!

Damon,

Is it one of the Screamin Demon coil packs ?

David

Hey Damon

The problem you are having is with the wires....I had the same problem on my wifes 94 SC. Changed the wires and whamm....No more issue. Could also be a broken plug, definitelty ignition related.

Don

Yes I have one dave..We had a lil issue where we broke a wire mount off the coil pack and I epoxied it back on...That was a few months back but it could potentially be an issue..I checked and all looked well.

Now I wonder if there can be a wire issue I did pull them off and put them back on and it didnt make a difference. I'll go do a resistence test and see whast crackin,,,Its intermittent so I dont think its a plug..I justneed a day to start testing and time has been short..Thansk for ll the ideas guys

Yes I have one dave..We had a lil issue where we broke a wire mount off the coil pack and I epoxied it back on...That was a few months back but it could potentially be an issue..I checked and all looked well.

Now I wonder if there can be a wire issue I did pull them off and put them back on and it didnt make a difference. I'll go do a resistence test and see whast crackin,,,Its intermittent so I dont think its a plug..I justneed a day to start testing and time has been short..Thansk for ll the ideas guys

I'd try swapping coil packs with one you know is good.

David

Back