PDA

View Full Version : clutch

slowpoke
06-23-2008, 11:21 PM
ok here it is, i noticed today my clutch felt a lil weak. well just went out for some food and when i started home the pedal went to the floor and cant get it into gear, there was no banging clunk nothing. just flat out no clutch. does any1 know of any good sights/store ext that i can get a new clutch from????

Jim Demmitt Jr
06-24-2008, 12:02 AM
ok here it is, i noticed today my clutch felt a lil weak. well just went out for some food and when i started home the pedal went to the floor and cant get it into gear, there was no banging clunk nothing. just flat out no clutch. does any1 know of any good sights/store ext that i can get a new clutch from????

Summit Racing

You can order 1-800-230-3030 or got to SummitRacing.com

McLeod Street Fire Clutch Kits

slowpoke
06-24-2008, 12:41 AM
ok slight correction now that i had some time to cool off and go back 5 miles to trouble shoot it. seems as if the clutch is ok, yet no pressure at all at the clutch pedal. so im think perhaps the slave cylinder. in such case where might it be and is there a way of trouble shoot it to see if its working properly. (NOTE) the clutch fluid res (dot3) was empty. i cant tell if there r any leak. i refilled it and pumped the clutch alot and still nothing. not sure how to bleed it. if it even needs to be bleed.

btw ty for the info on new clutches, im gonna get some as a just for incase.

i just got done talking to a bud of mine at jegs and he seems to insist my problem is the master clutch cylinder. what say all you???????

Mike8675309
06-24-2008, 06:44 AM
Closed system. Fluid can't get out unless there is a leak. If you re-filled, fluid may not have leaked out yet due to air in the system.

slowpoke
06-24-2008, 03:26 PM
it must have a leak, went out today and filled it again. got instant clutch back. yet cant seem to find any leaks. im have a head scratcher here

NickM
06-24-2008, 11:23 PM
If the slave itself is leaking, it will run out the front of the bellhousing.
Easily mistaken for rear main leak.

Nick

seawalkersee
06-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Or it could be the master cyl and leaking on the floor board.

Chris

talonhead
06-25-2008, 04:17 AM
Have fun, that call for pulling the tranny.....along with dropping the pumpkin or gas tank to pull the driveshaft... Been there done that. Good luck.
MikeH

slowpoke
06-29-2008, 06:33 PM
well still have to do complete bleed on the clutch system, about to do that in 15min from now. yet no leak. im thinking once bleed is done perhaps ill see where its leaking at. also will be dumping break cleaner all over so it'll be 100% clean to help track the possible leak. hope its not that slave cylinder, i did look all that up and ya that just looks to fun atm.

slowpoke
06-30-2008, 12:12 AM
ok did bleed, all good. clutch is strong. found 0.00% sign of any leaks at the slave, all dry and dusty. lines look good, and yet no signs of any form of leak at the master. before i got this car the past owner put a spec stage 2 in it. im think perhaps outta some form of dee dee dee that they maybe didn't fill the clutch res back up and it just took this long for the little bit in there to dissipate. either way ill keep a close eye on it. :)

XxSlowpokexX
06-30-2008, 09:32 AM
My advice is get the slave changed. Chances are you leaked from there and the fluid you lost i ssomewhere inteh bellhousing. This issure will most likely only happen again an dor get worse....Believe me..I went through the same issue//Next time it goes you may b ein a spot not so easy to get home from