help audio wiring question?

quicktsi

I am beating my head on the car. I pulled out the Alpine that was installed with the PAC Roemfrd1. Everything worked fine with this set up. I installed a new deck, but this time just did an amp bypass from Scosche.

The problem I am having, is I have no sound on the right side of car. If I fade the balance to the right, I still have sound on the left side. I thought I would do a simple test but am getting stumped. I pulled out a 9 volt battery and started trying to pop the speakers and can not get anything. I thought maybe a bad battery but the volt meter verified it was good. I even tried it with out the bypass harness and got the same results. I have tried it with the key on and off.

So now I am stumped, I can not verify if the factory wiring is bad or if the new radio is bad. What am I missing? Everything was working when I pulled the old radio out.

you have a factory amp, you must power that amp or else none of the outputs will work.

if you have the scosche harness for our cars connect the blue wire from the head unit to the blue wire on the wiring harness.

hope you didn't cut off the factory wiring harness, if you did shame on you

I do not remember if it's the Scosche kit, or the Metra version.. but one does have an issue with the right side (both front and rear)

it's the Speaker one (the 3/4" square connector one) that is the problem, if it is what i'm thinking.. usually just pulling the `adapter' part of the Car harness plug just a hair, usually gets the right channels to work, it's what i had to do with my '96.. and heard it's was the same with other people..

But you said if you change the balanced to the right, you still have sound (full?) out of the left channels??

also where are you doing these tests?? with the adapter harness installed or no? and so forth..

I have not cut the factory harness. I will try the tip you gave tomorrow with the Scosche harness. But if I have bypassed the amp why would I still need to power the amp?

I have wondered about the smaller connector that all the speaker wires connect to.

I am also going to pick up a speaker to try the output from the after market deck.

Okay I give up. The aftermarket unit is working fine when I tested each outout to a speaker. No matter what I try I can not get the factory speakers to pop. I even cut the harness and still nothing. It just sucks that it all worked fine when I pulled the old one out. Looks like I will just gut the factory harness and rewire everything.

when you pop the speakers with the battery make sure you are on the speaker side and not the radio side. the best way to pop speakers is at the radio where i would connect tothe harness. if one side works and the other side doesnt a lot of times with those black square plugs the pins push out or bend. so if you can pop the left speakers at the radio and not the right i would check that connection first. those pins suck. sometimes you have to super glue them in so you dont push them out. if your left speakers are playing but you cant pop any from the radio then you havent bypassed your amp properly.

I had problems also with the small black plug. They push back out and bend. Took a lot playing around to get it to work. Its just a cheap part.

Back