sway bar bushing part #???

pipecraze

Anyone have a part # for front sway bar bushings for a 94 sc. I'm getting different size options when trying to order.

Poly or rubber? Nevermind. The part number I used won't help, I think they changed sizes between 90 and 94. Do a search here, that's how I found mine. Or measure yours.

Probably better to measure it, for accuracy.

The stock bar size for a '94 is 1.10"

I tried the 28mm (95163) greasable poly bushings from Energy Suspensions. Had to customize 1/4" spacers out of a lock washer for trailer ball because they weren't quite wide enough . Otherwise, they fit well. There's a ridge on the inside edges of the sway bar to keep it in location, against the bushings. Also, the stock rubber bushings are solid, with no split, and squeezed over from the ends of the rod. I also had the engine half disassembled at the time, which made things accessible.

The poly bushings do tend to squeak a bit, even with lubrication.

The other alternative would be a complete Addco 1-1/4 or 1-1/8 bar.

The stock bar size for a '94 is 1.10"

I tried the 28mm (95163) greasable poly bushings from Energy Suspensions. Had to customize 1/4" spacers out of a lock washer for trailer ball because they weren't quite wide enough . Otherwise, they fit well. There's a ridge on the inside edges of the sway bar to keep it in location, against the bushings. Also, the stock rubber bushings are solid, with no split, and squeezed over from the ends of the rod. I also had the engine half disassembled at the time, which made things accessible.

The poly bushings do tend to squeak a bit, even with lubrication.

The other alternative would be a complete Addco 1-1/4 or 1-1/8 bar.

Hmm, 1.10" IS 28mm, with the exception of 6 thousandths of a millimeter. Was is the outside that wasn't fitting? The Energy Suspension ones I used fit perfect. And for some reason mine don't squeek. I haven't greased them since they went in a year ago.

Back