Flywheel confusion

XxSlowpokexX

Ok...So does a 4.6 flywheel actually work on a 94/95 SC and what needs to be done to use one. I have read mixed reviews on this one.

164tooth 6 bolt 10.5-11" clutch

Need a new starter? Yah or neah?

Thanks!

Damon

Or you can trow me an offer on my brand new Mcleod Flywheel. :p

Stop half assing the job. :D

Seriously though,
Let me know if you dont want it, I am going to put it up on the classifieds soon. That or the used one. Which ever one sells first. I just put a deposit for my Honeymoon I have to get rid of all I can.
You will be able to use both the 11 or 11.5 clutch.

Yah that whole thing confused me even more!

I was curious about the 4.6 though. Anyway I havent forgotton you Rico..Ill email you when I get home from work :O)

Well I just wanted you to see Daves post on the matter. Since, you are probably thinking the same way I did back then. And you think that the an aluminum flywheel with a 11.50 friction area will not work with a 11" clutch since you will probably want to run a DF this time around and that only comes in 11"

I want to extract the important parts of that thread.

Dave said,
"1) All SC flywheels are the same part with the following variations:

- The 89-93 used shouldered SAE bolts to locate the PP
- The 94/5 used dowels and metric bolts to locate the PP

Many aftermarket flywheels will only have an 11" friction surface. If you find this is the case then you will be forced to run an 11" clutch. This does not mean that you are sacrificing holding power but does mean that you are saving weight."

In the end an alumunum flywheel that has 11.50 friction area will acommodate both an 11.50" clutch or a 11". But one that has a 11" can only fit the 11" clutch

Teh 8 bolts came in cobras and Either the Windsor or romeo 2v 4.6. Cant recall which. My PI motor is a 6 bolt an dMOST stang ones are as well.

Thanks Dave

Back