94 sc crank
94 block getting ready for the machine shop
255 fuil pump
42 injectors soon going to buy the 60s
75 tb
80 mass air flow sencor

what do u guys think a good cam would be .. i have a 520 cam

but i want to get 450 hp

i was thinking about dumping the sc and going with twin turbos 70mm i can get for a deal from a friend that has a stang and hes parting his car out because he want a vet lol

just want to get some info on what u guys think about a good cam and dumping the supercharder for twins turbos

if you want 450rwhp the m90 without nitrous isnt going to ct it..That cam with an m90 is good for up to 330 or so rwhp..So do the math!

at that power level i would say a turbo would be your best bet

no need to do twins, a single turbo will be more than effecient for what your trying to do but if u can get a good deal on the twins.. more power to u

keep in mind, you'll need a bigger intercooler, pusher fan, larger radiator, heads, intake, 3" exhaust, adjust fpr, larger fuel lines, perhaps a second fuel pump as well.

450 isin't so street easy, can be and has been done but like the saying goes

fast, reliable, cheap, pick 2

i have a guy to do max port and 3 angle vavle job and i can get my hands on a 570 cam .. i donr want to go with too big of a cam.. if its too big it wont run right

i have a guy to do max port and 3 angle vavle job and i can get my hands on a 570 cam .. i donr want to go with too big of a cam.. if its too big it wont run right

These cars won't benefit with a cam such as what you are describing. The largest beneficial cam for our cars is FAR from "driveability" affects.

For 450rwhp you'll need nitrous, if using an M90.

if you want 450rwhp the m90 without nitrous isnt going to ct it..That cam with an m90 is good for up to 330 or so rwhp..So do the math!

in 2005 at OK shootout i put down close to 370 with a 525 lift cam. i ran 11.6 then and now runnimg 10.6 with same cam. but haven't dynoed car to see what HP is now. and that is m90 no nitrous.

I believe 450 hp is possible with a M90, but the planets will need to be aligned.

I have no idea where Victor gets his cam specs, but at this point in time I wouldn't trust anyone but DD choosing a cam for you. You want to match it to your heads and other parts.

But I don't think you are going to get there with a 75 mm tb, the most important thing you can do is make sure you can get air in and out. I put down 350 hp with 16 psi and only 15% od on an MPx using some DD heads and cam.

It's going to need methanol injection, 100+ octane gas, and lots of timing.

Hey Kevin..FUnny thing is I have a nice 520ish cam in my car now..Feels pretty strong too:O)..Well see eventually just how strong

Valve lift has nothing to do with drivability, rpm range, or application use and has only secondary effect on ultimate power potential. Whoever you choose to provide you with a cam should be able to understand and explain what is needed for your application and why.

The most power you should ever expect to see from an M90 is about 400rwhp and that will only be with everything set up right and race fuel. A turbo with a similar setup and boost level should be capable of closer to 500rwhp but will require that the car be set up for a somewhat narrow power band.

I think Cmacdaddy was saying that an ideal cam for our application wont give drivability issues..And I think 400rwhp isnt all that easy to achive with an m90...

Back