code 67

decipha

Both of my 90 5spd s/c's are throwing a code 67.. the book reads the code as the following:

Improper signals are being recieved from either the Neutral Drive Switch (NDS), Neutral Drive Gear (NGS), Neutral Pressure Switch (NPS), Clutch Switch (CS), Manual Lever Position (MLP) sensor or Air Conditioner Clutch (ACC). or Air Conditioner (A/C) on during Self-Test.
<HR>

The a/c is off, and the clutch switch works because the car only starts when its depressed.

I don't know anything about the NGS, NPS, or MLP.

if anyone can shed some light on this matter it would be most greateful.

I know certianly my two s/c's aren't the only two throwing this code.

after a quick search in the back of the scanner book looking up meanings it says that the MLP, NPS, and NDS are only used on automatics.

that limits me down to the NGS, says its located in the trany

do i just remove the shifter and replace it? or is it something on the outside of the trany?

the cars aren't in gear when i get the code

i know for a fact because im standing infront of it on the passenger side reading the codes from the scanner

if the car was in gear i would be ran over, its only me testing the codes so i know there isin't a ghost holding the clutch down with it in gear

Just trying to help!

When I was doing my KOEO test that is when the code came up, put it in neutral and code went away so I thought i'd share my experience that I had to you!!!!

Tom

Odds are the Neutral switch on the transmission is Shot.. Also Have you tried starting it (with shifter in neutral) with out pressing the clutch pedal?? and/or does your cruise work or not??

cars don't start in neutral without the clutch pedal down and my cruise don't work on either car as well.

i suppose i have a bad neutral switch... any idea how to change it? I'm trying to restore both of my 90s back to 100% stock mint condition and i don't need it to throw any codes.

thanks for the input

Odds are it the neutral switch on the transmission.. once you get under there it's not that hard to remove, since it's on the side of the transmission.. I think it's the red plug (on the switch) one

Back