Just Cranking............

anniv90sc

I have gotten very valuable information from this forum over the last few years, but I can not seem to find one relating to my new situation this time.

1990 Anniv SC.

The car has sat for approx 1 year (I travel for work and now with kids the SUV is my main transportation), but has been started every month or so just to get the oil flowing for a few minutes. I moved the car to our new home (by flatbed tow truck) and I am unable to get it into the garage because of our steep driveway.

Now my problem...

The bird has ALWAYS! started, but this time it is just cranking. I figured maybe the gas had gummed up so I placed a rubbber hose on the valve on the fuel rail with a piece of plastic I made to keep the fuel flowing into the hose. I got approx 1 gallon out of the lines (has good pressure), oh... before I did that I put 5 new gallons of premium with fuel additive in the tank.

no change. While cranking.... I can press the petal to 1/2 and get a nice 3k rpm out of it but it then falls to 0 rpm :( . NO IDLE or even a hint of staying running????? I am going to start throwing parts at it to see, but if I could get an idea I would appriciate it. I'm looking for a DIS module right now.....

I figure, I have good fuel pressure, and ignition for at least 2 seconds, it's probably computer/module related????
ANY IDEAS ARE WELCOMED !

PLUS*** While cranking it does try to start, but as soon as you let the key go it rumbles for 1/2 second and dies.....

Last edited:
Filter?

Well I guess for kicks you could change the fuel filter....like everyone says, pull it off and give it a blow.... anyways is only like 5 bucks right?

Back