bearing issues

Bleed_Ford_Blue

Hey guys,

im trying to put my 95 back together. I thought id freshen the engine, im regretting it now. I cannot find main bearings anywhere. Ive bought 4 sets now but the thrust bearing notches never line up. Does anyone have any clue where I can get bearings that fit right. Or do I need to notch my caps??

Since the thrust bearing can't "walk" like the other 3 bearing why not just file the notch off of the bearing on the cap side.

When I did my 94 after it spun the crank and #3 and #6 rod bearings, I bought a reman crank kit from NAPA. Crank kits for our SCs are hard to find. Don't know how many miles on your 95 but if a lot, I would strongly recommend a crank kit.

Ed

I usually go to ford for the bearings. The set for my friends car had to be tweaked a bit but the ford set for a second engine did not. The local warehouse up here had them in stock too. Plus they were about the same price as Napa. I get a discount at each and it was withing $2-3.
John

my local ford dealer said the bearings dont exist, autozone and oreillys have gotten me the wrong ones 4 times now. I just ordered a set off of a web page, I hope they fit. They are sealed power aluminum bearings. I couldnt find anything better. Hope they work.

Back