timing chain cover questions

Bleed_Ford_Blue

Alright, I have a timing chain cover off of an early sc that I have all cleaned up and prepped for paint, already put the new pressure relief valve for the oil pump in it. It is ready to prime.

I am building an engine for my 95 and noticed that there are mounting holes for my crank sensor on the 95 cover, but not on the early one. The 95 cover is a total mess covered in a thick layer of grease, and obviously a long way from a paint booth. Can I get away with the early model, and how would I mount my crank sensor?

Im going to get back to cleaning and sand blasting in case the answer is no.

That would be a problem. The early timing covers don't work on the late models. The late models will work on the early models.

If you really want to use that early model unit, you'll need to fab up your own bracket to allow that sensor to mount.

You might want to consider getting a new cover anyway. How deep are the grooves where the oil pump mounts onto from the rotors?

Frit

There is no groove, the thing is basically like new. The whole engine was, makes me wish i didnt take it apart. The only thing that really needed replaced was the bearings. But since Im here might as well replace anything that could need it.

Back