35th 'anny' goes for $13,000!

Kit Sullivan

A low-mileage (9,000 mile) Anniversary car went for $12,900 at Barrett-Jackson recently!
Great! Let's keep the value up on these cars!

Not to completely poopoo your post, but regular dealers/ individuals could already get that much for sub 10,000 mile Anny's. Usually the barrett jackson environment drives prices beyond the norm. Since that didn't really appear to happen I wouldn't go getting too excited just yet.

On the other hand, at least it didn't go for like $8K :)

And in reality thats still a steal

Well, the reviwer did make mention of the fact this did seem a low price for such a special vehicle. he says the relative fact that the cars are little-known except to enthusiasts is what is keeping the prices down. He made the observation that this price would be unimaginable for a like-mileage same year Grand National.

But still and all...I'm not sure I would classify $13,000 as a 'steal', since they aren't bringing that on a regular basis.

I'll bet the seller isn't real impressed.Buy a car for 24-25k drive it about 500 miles per year in 18 years and sell it for about 1/2.
The same car is in this months Hemmings Muscle Car at another auction went to 12,500 and wasn't sold.
Who thought a $3,000 69 Roadrunner would be a $30,000 car today maybe there is hope.
Dan

Its a steal considering what they should be worth..Is what I was saying

Yeah, I kind of agree. It was a bad investment for someone. Sacrificing their enjoyment of the vehicle only to lose half the money. They could have driven the thing to 85K miles and as long as it was kept decent would probably still fetch $5K.

So if you want one in nearly brand new condition, and want to step back to 1990 all over again without paying MSRP, it's a good deal. But as more and more whack cars come down the pipeline (ahem...'09 Challenger)....the less I want to step back to 1990 :)

P.S. Just think if that was a 1990 Mustang GT with 9000, unmolested miles. I bet it would easily clear $15K at Barrett Jackson. And what did those cost new?

Back