PDA

View Full Version : Custom Valve covers

V6Sprout
07-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Hey guys, I know there was interest in this before, but I have a guy who ismaking V6 valve covers for the Mustangs, and he is willing to make them so they work ont he SC as well, Basically just moving the oil fill tube so it works on the SC. Wondering how many guys would be interested in these. I am not selling them just promoting them for the member on our other forum.

Here is what he posted in regards to pricing.

If I get enough of you guys down on a set I can make them cheaper. Right now I'm looking around 300-350 per set. I'll get a set price this weekend.

Here are a few pics of the valve covers, he should be starting to produce them real soon. The fill cap is on the drivers side in the pics, as he has not made a SC set yet, but I am working with him to move the fill tube to work ont he SC motors.

the first pic shows a gap between the top and the sides of the valve cover, that is no the final product inthat pic, it was a test fit of the top plate.

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/425/3181/245402.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/425/3181/245401.jpg

Toms-SC
07-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Hight is going to be a issue. I have a set of SVO V6 valve covers and they are way to high.

V6Sprout
07-04-2008, 06:27 PM
the overall height of the valve covers is 2 5/8 which is the same as the stock valve covers, the only issue I can see if under teh TB teh SC valve cover gets lower and these aftermarket ones do not, so they will have to be test fit first, it may be a little tight but looking at my car is should still clear. I'll check into it some more.

Liek I said the SC versions have not been built yet, I am convincing him to make them, just checking what kind of interest there might be.

Mikessupercoupe
07-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Those are pretty nice.:cool:

Mike8675309
07-05-2008, 12:08 AM
I'm sure there could be some interest for SC's. I see some challenges to such a valve cover on the SC simply due to the tight packaging done for our motors. I'm not familiar with the stock 3.8 layout.

In particular, there is some routing of the heater hoses and their solid steel tubes that seem to lay pretty tight to the stock valve covers. then the clearance necessary on the passenger side for the intake plenum and throttle body with throttle position sensor and the idle air control motor.

they look quite nice.

V6Sprout
07-05-2008, 08:02 AM
more excallant points thanks.

Yeah teh intake and TB clearance are being checked. Never thought about the coolant tubes, I deleted those on mine and run the heater core hoses straight to the water pump, never did like all those hard lines and extra coolant hoses. Hopefully we can get it to work.

Pablo94SC
07-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Without taking a look, doesn't the lower IC tube also run fairly close to the DS valve cover? Otherwise, those look sharp. I wonder if he'd be interested in adding a T-Bird logo or Thunderbird in script on the top cover.

V6Sprout
07-05-2008, 04:52 PM
humm another good point. I'll look into that as well.

Putting a different scrpit on it might be possible but might cost more as well, he wants his name on there to promote business once he gets going more, as you see int heone pic he is also working on a cutom one piece upper/lower intake for the V6 Mustang.

Mike8675309
07-05-2008, 09:54 PM
humm another good point. I'll look into that as well.

Putting a different scrpit on it might be possible but might cost more as well, he wants his name on there to promote business once he gets going more, as you see int heone pic he is also working on a cutom one piece upper/lower intake for the V6 Mustang.

Hahah... if he wants to advertise on a SC, he'll need to come up with a new blower tubes and new intake path that allows someone to actually see something written on the valve covers! Best bet on ours would be a cast plate epoxied to the front corner of the valve covers that would be seen in the few places you can get a clear look at the valve covers.

I still think it's a great idea. You may want to e-mail Dave Dalke as to any clearance issues that might crop up or be solved for various valve trains.

Kurt K
07-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Without taking a look, doesn't the lower IC tube also run fairly close to the DS valve cover? Otherwise, those look sharp. I wonder if he'd be interested in adding a T-Bird logo or Thunderbird in script on the top cover.
Good point, but I suspect that people who will be purchasing these will probably want to make sure they are visible and therefore I doubt they will be worried about stock IC tubing.

seawalkersee
07-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Im down, but I would HOPE that price would include shiping....please.

Chris

Toms-SC
07-06-2008, 06:41 PM
If they are a confirmed fit I would want a set.

V6Sprout
07-06-2008, 08:15 PM
he is going to be sending me a set to test fit and he seems willing to make the needed adjustments to make them fit, so stay tuned.

V6Sprout
07-06-2008, 11:32 PM
looks like he is leaning towards $300 per set, unpolished, they will still be fairly shiney but not they high polished look I am thinking. Shipping is not included so about $20 for shipping roughly. So not too bad if we can get the fitment to be good, I'll keep everyone posted as we test fit them.

Micahdogg
07-07-2008, 10:01 AM
If they fit, I would be in.

mywhite89
07-15-2008, 10:29 AM
seawalkersee
Micahdogg
mywhite89

3 confirmed. I would like to see "thunderbird SC" somewhere on them but whatever works.

V6Sprout
07-15-2008, 01:08 PM
I will pass along the interest here, I am hoping to get a set to test fit soon, unless he finds a local SC motor to try them on. I'll mention the Thunderbird SC and see if he can have that on them, but I think he will be getting the top plate engravedin batches to make it cheaper, so they probably all will ahve the same thing, and then he just changes where the fill hole goes depending on if they are for a mustang or Supercoupe.

Any more thoughts or ideas are always welcome.

Micahdogg
07-15-2008, 04:04 PM
I don't really care about the engraving. They look pretty hot on their own. If it were me, I would rather just have a Ford logo...or mabye Ford Racing or something. But I'll go with whatever as long as it doesn't look retarded.

V6Sprout
07-15-2008, 05:55 PM
yeah anythign with FORD he can't do, not evern sure if he can put Thunderbird SC onthem due to Licensing either, but he is pretty flexible on engraving. He can change the engraving but it adds time to the process.

Micahdogg
07-16-2008, 10:31 AM
If it'll keep the cost down, no engraving is fine too.

seawalkersee
07-16-2008, 07:19 PM
If it'll keep the cost down, no engraving is fine too.
X2

Chris

seawalkersee
12-31-2008, 09:45 PM
Anything else?

SWS