what years sc had tokico shocks ??

89tird

i found two sc's at the junkyard one a 89 and one a 90 i was looking for rear shocks for my car (93) which has front tokico's and some cheap kyb in the back which i guess the previous owner put in..

both the sc's had motorcraft shocks and both had arc ! so will any shock work in the rear or does it have to be tokico to work with the arc ??

Tokico is the only brand of replacement shocks for our cars that use the ARC.

Shane
Glynn Motorsports

Ford does not build all the parts for the cars that they build, most are subcontracted to various vendors. Those vendors build the parts for fords parts division (motorcraft) and put that name on the part. So the shocks that you saw that said motorcraft, were probably subcontracted to tokiko. I have parted out 18 SCs and owned 5 personal drivers, and all have had motorcraft arc shocks.

Now to the meat and potatoes. I would not reccomend buying used shocks for your car. The newest of SCs is 13 years old. Shocks arent meant to last that long. Youre basically putting bubblegum on a leaky pipe. Might work for a minute, but will definately fail sooner rather than later, and not worth the effort in the end.

I should not post anymore, I just hit 666

at our work we reccommend shock replacements at 50k mile intervals, while they will last longer than that they are starting to get worn out, also depends where you live and driving habits!

Back