electrical issue

94soupecoupe

i have a little electrical issue..

for some reason my parking lights stay on while the breaker for the locks and seat is in. and my interior light fuse keeps blowing every time i put a new one in. like as soon there is any contact from the fuse, it blows instantly. i checked around for any crossed, broken or loose wires. but nothing.

anybody have any ideas?

thanks

i have a little electrical issue..

for some reason my parking lights stay on while the breaker for the locks and seat is in. and my interior light fuse keeps blowing every time i put a new one in. like as soon there is any contact from the fuse, it blows instantly. i checked around for any crossed, broken or loose wires. but nothing.

anybody have any ideas?

thanks

Unfortunately, if you have a fuse that blows right away, you have a short to ground somewhere in that circuit. you'll have to trace it down.

Do you have an alarm system in the car?

nope, just the keyless entry on the door from factory.

the fuse that keeps blowing controls:

int.lights
door lights
floor lights
vanity lights
trunk release
gas door release
power locks
power mirrors

ive looked over everything like 5 times, and i cant find anything....

Unfortunately it isn't sufficient to look over, you'll need to get a digital volt/ohm meter or a test light and go through each circuit. Start with the one that blows the fuse right away. That one should be easy to track down as it isn't intermittant. Pull a wiring connector for one item in the circuit, and check to make sure the ground is common to ground. Then check the positive lead and make sure that isn't common to ground.

If the fuse blows right away, one of the connectors is likely to show the positive lead is common to ground. It's that one you need to fix. The problem is, this could be just a wire rubbed through inside a harness. It can be challenging to track down.

I'd start in the door since those have a harness that goes through the door and gets more movement than most of the others.

int.lights
door lights
floor lights
vanity lights
trunk release
gas door release
power locks
power mirrors

Each one of these devices has a connector at the device either connected to it or a pig tail. I would suggest you disconnect each one except the power locks and mirrors. There connectors are a little difficult to get at since that would require you to remove the door panel. Insert a new fuse. If the fuse does not blow with only the locks and mirrors powered, then start plugging the others in until the fuse blows. If the fuse blows, then you have isolated your problem to the locks and mirrors.

ED

Back