Oil Blow By

Toms-SC

Right so I've been driving my car with the MP FMIC set up for less then a year and when I took it apart a couple days ago there was at least a cup of oil sitting in the tubes. This oil blow by is getting stupid. I'm pouring over Moroso's website looking for products that can catch this crap.

Any help? The PCV valve is not doing its job.

I think that only works with an entire vacuum pump system.

A buddy has one, and although he is an engineer, he hasn't quite figured out how to add this to his list of go fast, run hard stuff.

There are two ways to get valve cover oil into the intake. One is the PCV, but don't forget about the breather over on the drivers side that runs a hose to the passenger side and ties into the intake tube in front of the throttle body and after the maf.

Any type of catch can that is vented should work. You'll just find that they can fill up pretty quick.

You need an oil separator....spinningwheels was selling the same one a lot of the supercharged Cobra guys are using for about $45. I'm using a fuel filter on the PVC hose and it catches about half the oil, but doesn't work as well as a real oil separator will. Here's a picture of one from Steeda

http://www.lmperformance.com/15717/50.html

David

You can find that same seperator on eBay for about $30. I've been running one identical to it on my XR7 since I stuck the blower on, and it seems to be doing its job.

-Rod

Home depot has them as well....And they tend to fill rather quickly. What I like to run is a sintered broze filter. It tends to help separate oil vapor and allows it to drain back into the valve cover or wherver else you hook it up.I used the oil separaters in my 4.6 SC car and sintered broze filters in my stang..Any type of catch such as the oil separaters will fill quickly. I like the sinterd filter better...May not catch as much..But it works well and requires no maintanance

Back