Xenon Side Skirt Question

Ben999_

Hey I am getting ready to have my car repainted due to clear coat/surface rust and I was considering swapping to xenon 96/97 side skirts. The problem is that the SC door has a piece of the gfx attached to it and I'm not sure if it will work with the xenon side skirts. Also I don't know if it's worth taking off the rocker panel gfx piece for fear of discovering the cancer :eek:. Opinions? Anyone kept the SC door piece on and swapped to xenon side skirts?

Hey I am getting ready to have my car repainted due to clear coat/surface rust and I was considering swapping to xenon 96/97 side skirts. The problem is that the SC door has a piece of the gfx attached to it and I'm not sure if it will work with the xenon side skirts. Also I don't know if it's worth taking off the rocker panel gfx piece for fear of discovering the cancer :eek:. Opinions? Anyone kept the SC door piece on and swapped to xenon side skirts?

Ben, I feel your fear of rocker cancer but I dont think it would be a problem if your worried about rubbing and such. I think it will make the kit look better by not leaving an "empty" looking door area.

Joe

I was thinking of using a pearl black color. However I am not sure because this is my daily driver so I swap bumpers in the winter. Also when the day comes to sell it, the stock hood and bumper will look pretty strange on there. Then again I'll probably hold on to this thing for quite some time even with the 185k+ miles.
While I'm on the subject, I took off the rub strips on the passenger side yesterday. It looks good even with the one less layer of paint under there. I'm going to shave the holes from the blue oval and I'm thinking of shaving the trunk lock, but I don't know how well bondo will do on its own, and I don't want to go through the hassle of welding anything on there. Oh and does anyone know if the upper windshield moldings can be painted? I don't see why not as long as the rubber stuff is taken off and they are scuffed up.

Oh yeah and she's getting tinted tomorrow:D!

thats even after we all see it everyday, looks good :) Dont make it look to "rice" with all that extra stuff.

Jerry

Thanks, guys. I love the way it looks but if I'm getting a paint job then I may as well go for the side skirts. The front bumper makes the front end just seem a little too beefy for the side skirts, mostly from a side profile view. I like the look of the larger xenon skirts. Hopefully those gfx brackets don't get in the way though. The only other cosmetic item I have in mind is the wheels, which I have pretty much decided on. Some may consider it ricey because it's not too common around here, but I have no doubt that they'll look nice.

Attachments

• spartan_black_top.jpg
    spartan_black_top.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 78
Yeah... DONT JUST BONDO THE TRUNK LID!

You can do it that way, if you want to redo it that way again. You should weld a piece of metal in there seeing as its a "slamming" part and you will eventually knock the bondo out of the hole, stressing the paint making it look like crap!

Weld it :cool:

IMO all you need to complete the look of your car is a set of rims and tires. I think the ones you picked out will look fine.

Xenon side skirt Question

Well, hello everyone.

First post.

Let me start by saying thank you to these forums and all the knowledgeable people that have proven very helpful time and again.

Back on topic, for the thread creator, I think the name is Ben. You have on your signature that your car has a '97 xenon bumper cover on a '89 bumper.

I went to the xenon site and they don't have that bumper with the two big sc ventri? openings for the intercooler and radiator, only the small openings, I figure it's because there was no sc after 95.

Did you fabricate or somehow made the original xenon openings bigger?

By the way, your car looks amazing, and with those wheels it will be even better.

Hey mech, welcome to the forums.

The xenon 96/97 air dam is only the lower piece. It attaches to the stock bumper. It is designed to attach to the 96/97 style stock bumper, which does not have the larger vents like SC/LX bumpers have. 89-91 SC front bumpers are the same as LX 92-93 except for the SC stamp. 94/95 have different headlights, hood,and bumper just as the 96/97 does. So to answer your question, I did not fabricate a new bumper, I simply used an older bumper with the newer air dam piece.

Back