Finally 9 months later SWT SCPE is home!

Tim Groth

SCCoA Member
Well guys finally had a chance to get my car to my house this weekend. Hard to beleive its been almost 9 months ago since the motor blew. Cars been sitting at a family friends house since September of last year...If memory serves me she let go the same weekend as the SC Shootout?

Anyways today I started off by washing it up and then tearing into the motor. Got the motor down to the long block in fairly quick fashion just for sheer excitement to have my toy back.

Everyone will love the pictures of the oil pan...yeah BABY :confused::eek::(:D As like everyone else, I too will love to know what happened to cause that size hole!

Quick clean up on the beast after 9 months of sitting...still looks pretty!

DSCN0588.jpg

DSCN0575.jpg

DSCN0591.jpg

The Oil Pan needs to be replaced I beleive?! ;) :D... Maybe it will buff out... right?

DSCN0578.jpg

DSCN0584.jpg

DSCN0587.jpg

I can't wait to get to just the block to see what the hell let loose to cause that hole...any guesses?

-Tim

Big hole

WOW! Thats a pretty big hole!
It's hard to tell from the pictures but was the oil pan repaired (welded) at one time?
Wierd how it failed along where the ridges are.
Looks like a rod may have went through it. Did you lose the lower end?
Hope you find the culprit.
Cheers!
Bill

hows the heads look?

im guessing it shot a connectiong rod south

It started raining before I could pull the heads so no clue. I hope they are savagable, but seeing the hole I'm not to optimistic.

We will know soon enough. Worst part it was a Ford Remain with 50K on it...
WOW! Thats a pretty big hole!
It's hard to tell from the pictures but was the oil pan repaired (welded) at one time?
Wierd how it failed along where the ridges are.
Looks like a rod may have went through it. Did you lose the lower end?
Hope you find the culprit.
Cheers!
Bill

It was an OEM pan...no welding...it just let go BIG TIME... My guess is the block is FUBAR'd...I found part of a piston under the car when it was being towed after it let go. So I'm pretty sure it drop an entire cylinder.

-Tim

Last edited:
I hear that ford remans are problematic since they put on taurus internals (N/A ), and dont hold up very well.

What happened to your basketball hoop? :confused: Looks like T-Rex came by and made a snack of it.

My guess is someone sabotaged you at the shootouts.

What happened to your basketball hoop? :confused: Looks like T-Rex came by and made a snack of it.

My guess is someone sabotaged you at the shootouts.

The hoop actually came with the house...I just bought it a few months ago. But I'm 6'4 and like basketball so I do dunk on it frequently for not like I can break it any more than it already is. :D

-Tim

dam tim that sucks, i would bet your missing a rod or 2

you would be surprised though, you may find that the bore isin't beyond repair, i remember back in 99 when my brother took his engine to a machine shop they had a brand new camaro ls1 engine that threw a rod and ejected the piston out the oil pan. The machinest said that the cylinder wall was still perfect all they did was a simple rehone.

More Pictures

Well guys since I had sometime to work today I was able to finally get under the car and get the exhaust unhooked from the manifolds.

I was stunned by what I saw...they say pictures are worth a 1000 words so here y'all go...:eek::cool::D

Drivers side

DSCN0727.jpg

Notice you can see the camshaft in the upper right of the picture. A chunk of the block is also missing on this side. Its fair to say the block is trash..crank probably is too.

Passenger side

DSCN0734.jpg

Rear of the Oil pan

DSCN0730.jpg

This was a chunk of metal that was peaking out the very back of the pan.

Sorry for the picture quality I was trying to snap these without covering the camera in oils.

This Ford Reman was not "Built Ford Tough"

-Tim

Last edited:
Back