PDA

View Full Version : Custom stereo install

Tazer999
09-12-2002, 12:15 AM
Here is my page I have setup for my ideas right now. Please leave any comments in this post

So far my setup is this. A flat box with a 10" MTX on either side of a plexiglass window covering my rockford amp. The side panels will hold a cap, a distribution block and a fire extinguisher. I don't know about carpet yet. All windows will be highlighted with blue neon. The windows will also be tinted to 35% with chrome tint, 35% black tint, or left clear. The carpet will be stock trunk carpet, or oem interior colored carpet. Please leave your choices for that also, :D

Gimme feedback!!

http://members.tccoa.com/tazer999/stereo/custom_sub_box_ideas.htm

Scott-Atah
09-12-2002, 12:45 AM
my advice....is your a flamer!

tpical flamer with too much money...........though hey...neat stereo stuff is much better than stickers, n wings, n neons....soo good work ont hat........

i can't remember what all questions you asked though....

hmmm you know most of my views n all....subs will looks good....i like the slanted sides....and how you gonna go about fitting a full size spare in there?

Tazer999
09-12-2002, 12:46 AM
Too much money? All I am paying for is wood, carpet, and some switches, :p The rest of it I am building myself again. Plus I am selling my old box for $130 us, lol

Anyways, the questions were. Stock trunk carpet or interior colored carpet. 35% chrome tint, 35% black tint, or clear on the windows. Slanted or straight up panels

Scott-Atah
09-12-2002, 12:56 AM
hmmm is there anyway you can turn these into true/false questions? they'd be easier to answer.

i say....stock trunk carpet....otherwise it'll just look funny
i'd say 35% chrome tint....cause i like the mirror type deal as explained earlier and i think slanted panels!

and thus concludes my thoughts on what you should do!

As for you payin for that shiznit yoruself...good work....i'm not so mechanically inclined that i'd trust myself with expensive things like that. I'll trust myself with some hockey equipment, or a $10,000 skate sharpener....but none of that stuff......maybe with an expensive computer...and thus is all why i don't completely trust myself with fixin my own car...if i screw something up....who the hell am i gonna blame? lol

BlackAnSC
09-12-2002, 07:32 AM
your trunk is closed 98% of the time... Work on making something else fancy!

92SCDoughboy
09-12-2002, 09:51 AM
well, as I conspired with you yesterday, I like the slanted ones for sure, chrome tint, although, I like etching the glass :D and I would say carpet same as the trunk, unless its way to expensive!

hurry up though, so i can copy you :p

Tazer999
09-12-2002, 10:08 AM
Tony: Its for at car shws, where the trunk is open 100% of the time

BlackAnSC
09-12-2002, 04:38 PM
Gonna have to Clean that Engine Compartment then eh? ;-P

webmaster of WC
09-12-2002, 05:47 PM
100% the 6th one down

and bending acrylic is as easy as bending it. Yous just have to mount it and it will be ok. since your trunk is only open 2% of the time which indicates that it does not get used, that set up would be perfect. The matterails look cheap, and it seems only to take time, also with that set up since you really do not see the trunk you can use any kind of carpet you want.

Tazer999
09-12-2002, 06:51 PM
Ok, I am not god, I can't make that JL box, that thing cost over $8k to make... I ain't making a fiberglass mold of my trunk and doing all that crap, lol

Tony: My engine is clean, you would have noticed that if you had come to the show n shine

http://www.sccowc.com/picture/0277.JPG