brokin cam shaft?

koldhearted1

have any of you heard of the crank shaft breaking on these cars? if thats the case i may have a parts car up for sale.

Last edited:
I broke the crank in mine a couple of months ago. It was a reman and it broke between the rods for cyl one and cyl four. It even trashed one of the pistons from hitting the crank.

well i guess it broke one of the bolts off the pulley and it just rounded it off at the key so the crank is totally fragged i have no place to fix the car and dont have the money for a mechanic to do it. :( or the expertise less my idaho friends would like to help me :rolleyes:

well i guess it broke one of the bolts off the pulley and it just rounded it off at the key so the crank is totally fragged i have no place to fix the car and dont have the money for a mechanic to do it. :( or the expertise less my idaho friends would like to help me :rolleyes:

That doesn't necessarily screw up the crank. You just need a new key.

There has to be someone down around there that will help out.

well i just called and left a message for none2slow so hopefully we can get my ride back going again i dont wanna give her up!!! :(

I just got your message last night. I am currently in Wyoming doing some work on the highways up here. I SHOULD be home by the 19th, but not possitive yet. I may know more by monday, but not sure yet. I will get your number from my wife off the machine. I don't see a problem with giving you a hand with this. You may need to get just a new keyway, but we'll have to look and see. Also, I have a trailer if we need to tow it so thats not a problem. Anyways, I'll try to call later.

hey dale so we gonna check it out cuz i just got dun talkin to the mechanic and he said that the crank was in pieces it was siliconed together. so i dont know how easy it would be to replace the motor or the crank.

Back