PDA

View Full Version : Custom double ICs

kenewagner
07-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Will have (2) custom Intercoolers ready to ship next week. Your choice of no shroud or shroud with threaded inserts to bolt on 8" fan.
370.00 + 2 cores with shroud
340.00 +2 cores no shroud
400.00 + 1 core with shroud
370.00 + one core no shroud
Shipping included in price anywhere in mainland US
Color is Satin black or High gloss black

Ken

kenewagner
07-11-2008, 02:29 PM
Here is a picture of the top inlet tank done in gloss black. End tanks are fabricated and replace the stock end tanks. A divider is welded into the top end tank to split the flow of air evenly between the 2 cores. The cores are resealed with an alum Epoxy and pressure tested. Side panels are installed to insure direct air flow through both cores. Intercoolers are wrapped in bubble wrap and boxed in heavy duty boxes and reinforced with nylon string tape so they arive unscratch in perfect condition.

Ken

kenewagner
07-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Better view of top end tank

Ken

kenewagner
07-14-2008, 09:25 AM
JULY SPECIAL

Double IC with shroud 350.00 + 1 core
Double IC with out shroud 320 + 1 core

Just this month only

Ken

charged92
07-14-2008, 09:48 AM
If you're thinking you might find a better double IC for your money you are mistaken. Ken's are top notch and they're on sale!:eek:

BirdofPrey97
07-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Going to turn to prostitution to get the few extra $ needed for this upgrade.

I have KWs older version, just thinking about going with the new shroud setup.

badfreakinbird
07-14-2008, 11:18 AM
Going to turn to prostitution to get the few extra $ needed for this upgrade.

Im about 3 janes away!

fast Ed
07-14-2008, 11:34 AM
I can't believe that Ken doesn't have a waiting list for these units. Super quality, great price for the workmanship you're getting.

cheers
Ed N.

Bacondoggy
07-14-2008, 11:42 AM
a couple questions:
would this be a direct fit for our cars, or would you need custom tubing due to the wider IC?

Also, what is the shrouds for? to hold a fan in place?

Does anyone have info for any gains this produces? From what I have heard, the larger unit actually decreases your boost pressure (but I obviously lowers the air temp), so does it give you about the same performance, but just allows you car to run cooler (less boost, but colder, more dense air)?

would the prices be $290, and $320 if you have 2 cores, and does this include return shipping?

kenewagner
07-14-2008, 02:39 PM
a couple questions:
would this be a direct fit for our cars, or would you need custom tubing due to the wider IC?

Also, what is the shrouds for? to hold a fan in place?

Does anyone have info for any gains this produces? From what I have heard, the larger unit actually decreases your boost pressure (but I obviously lowers the air temp), so does it give you about the same performance, but just allows you car to run cooler (less boost, but colder, more dense air)?

would the prices be $290, and $320 if you have 2 cores, and does this include return shipping?

A couple of answers

It is a direct fit for stock IC tubes only a little trimming on the bracket that runs off the radiator.

I am not sure anyone has shown a drop in pressure if so it would be less than most FMICs.

It would help decrease ACT temps that would cause your EEC to pull timing.

The shroud works just like the shroud on your radiator to pull air through the cores. It also allows threaded inserts to be used to mount a fan rather than plastic wire ties

If you want the name of a builder of SC motors or owners you can PM me and I will be glad to hook you up with people who can answer and give information on Dbl ICs or specificly mine.

Price is what it is, unless we worked out a diffrent deal on the phone or through PMs

You pay to ship me cores or core. I pay to ship you a finished DBL IC in the mainland US.

Ken

90MN12
07-14-2008, 04:26 PM
looks real nice. haven't installed yet but am looking forward to it. can't go wrong with the price.

kenewagner
07-16-2008, 11:14 AM
Have a few nibbles but still have 2 for sale.

Ken

Tech_Greek
07-16-2008, 11:19 AM
Interested, just caught me at the wrong time money wise; start my new job tomorrow! lol

SuperChicken89
07-16-2008, 12:25 PM
I can't believe that Ken doesn't have a waiting list for these units. Super quality, great price for the workmanship you're getting.

I'll second Ed's comments:D I have one of Ken's double ICs with a self built fan shroud identical to the one he builds and it works great. At the shootout last year, when DD tuned my SC he stated that my air intake charge temp actually dropped 20 degrees from the start to the end of the pull when combined with the methanol injection. I don't think you could ask for more out of a double intercooler.

If you ask my opinion, Ken's asking price for these is a bargain. I do most of own fabrication and comparing the fab work involved verses his selling price it was a no brainer. I can't beleive SC owners arn't jumping all over these:)

Bryan

kenewagner
07-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Bump to the top:)

99GSXR750
07-17-2008, 04:15 PM
JULY SPECIAL

Double IC with shroud 350.00 + 1 core
Double IC with out shroud 320 + 1 core

Just this month only

Ken

Ken,

How about with a shroud and no cores?

Mike

kenewagner
07-17-2008, 04:30 PM
Ken,

How about with a shroud and no cores?

Mike

375.00 good untill the end of July.

Ken

Jimmy 2Coupes
07-17-2008, 06:53 PM
I got one of Ken's dbl's in the mail last week and it looks to be a very well made item. Have not installed it on my 94 SC yet (no time) but I've heard nothing but good reviews about his double intercoolers.

Tech_Greek
07-17-2008, 07:22 PM
375.00 good untill the end of July.

Ken

Damn you! :'(

kenewagner
07-20-2008, 10:59 PM
bump one more time

Ken

kenewagner
07-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Just shipped one out. One more left.

Ken

merkur
07-23-2008, 01:43 AM
Just wanted to point out to the guy talking about reduced boost. Boost is a measure of restriction, or resistance to airflow. If the supercharger is spinning at the same speed only with less restriction between it and the combustion chamber it is flowing more air. The double IC's extra cooling makes the air more dense which makes room for even more air in the same space. So there is no down side to the double IC. Just consider this a bump for a great product.
Danny

the-big-e
07-23-2008, 08:22 AM
PM sent....

superdadsc
07-23-2008, 08:38 AM
Ken

Thanks for a beautiful product. I am in the process of getting her put back together. I still owe you my core. I will send it when it is out of the car, Your work looked so good I decided to paint my engine bay all glossy black!:D:D

the-big-e
07-23-2008, 10:49 PM
Payment sent......:D :D

kenewagner
07-24-2008, 08:24 AM
The other IC is sold. I will be building more off and on untill October and than will be done with ICs untill next year.

Ken

Flip
07-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Got Mine today, Very Nice Work..
Thanks

the-big-e
07-25-2008, 03:35 PM
I can't wait for mine to show up.....

I have to swap out radiators on Black Betty and figured that would be a good time to install one of Ken's double ICs.....:D

RedSC93
07-25-2008, 04:31 PM
Any dyno's? Im interested but 'I want to see some results they look really nice thanks for your time in building them

Jerry

90blkbrd
07-25-2008, 10:44 PM
Results? If you are overdriving your supercharger and seeing high AIC temps, the computer will retard your timing. A double intercooler will lower your IC temps. So the only increase in HP/TQ you will see with a DBL IC is the power the computer took away from you to save your engine from detonation. But it reality it doesn't make any more or less power, it just gets it back for you.

From personal experience, I believe that you shouldn't run over 5% OD on an unported blower without a quality DBL ic with an IC fan or front mount.

Some people on these boards believe the DBL IC is a better setup for most SC's over a front mount setup.

Ken gets a lot of personal satisfaction knowing he puts out a good quality product at a reasonable price.

Every please believe Ken when he says production of his IC's will cease for a period of time. So get one if you think you need one.