has anyone else boke soild rubber motor mounts

nwnsc

858888.jpg
5629685.jpg
3201320.jpg
jvgjgb.jpg
one riped out and the other one the top plate came loose( spins and moves up and down):confused: they are only 5 months old:eek:

yes they break i do a mod to the mount bracket that limits the travel and makes broken mounts a thing of the past its easy to do on mount there is a tab and a window that tab sits in just weld in half the window and tab will catch before the mount is fully extended mounts break from over extension of the mount .

I've gone through 2 sets.....and i'm on my 2nd tranny mount as well. All were solid rubber......

This seemed to stop the motor mounts from tearing... This is what I did.... I used a piece of Derin just to soften the blow. I positioned my tab on the outside at the time because I was going to make a torque strap for track use that would be installed on the inside. Never ended up doing that...but it should be positioned on the inside to reduce the moment-arm....

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

Last edited:
i will have to try that when i put a set of rubber back in. for right now to get the car back on the road i made some steel mounts at work:D. hopefully i will have it up and runing this weekend.

Back