Where does this vac line go? (pic)

f1monaco

Putting the engine back together after 3 years apart, we couldn't find to what this line was attached to, so we plugged it. Does anyone know?
Thanks,
John

Attachments

• image_1.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 389
  • image_2.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 357
  • image_3.jpg
    image_3.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 316
Is that the one that connects to the pcv?....kinda looks like it but I can't tell...did you crank it yet, I would think it would run pretty rough without the pcv circulation.

jonathan

I think the PCV is hose is the one that curves down beside it.

If it goes around the intake plenum to the firewall, what does it connect to and what is its function?

On mine there is a "pod" for a lack of what it is really called that it plugs into. There is one or two more lines I think plugged in there as well. My pcv did have a bend in the hard line too that plugs into the bottom of the plenum. I will try to get a pic of it but I am not sure you can see it with everything in the way.

Thanks, I appreciate the help! Because this is from an engine swap, I may not have that pod, so any clues as to function the other lines will help. The service manual is not much help in this area.

What is in the PCV hole in the pass valve cover?

I don't understand what you are asking for sure but there is a pcv valve on the pass valve cover. A rubber line comes off the pcv and connects to a steel t-fitting setup that connects yet another rubber line to the inlet plenum. I'm thinking there is another line that comes into that t-fitting that runs towards the passenger firewall but I don't know where that one traces to for sure.

Once you understand how the vaccum system works on our cars, its just a game of plugging stuff in where it will both work and look good. The important part is knowing which lines need to see boost and which do not. PCV definitely does not.

Last edited:
I don't understand what you are asking for sure but there is a pcv valve on the pass valve cover. A rubber line comes off the pcv and connects to a steel t-fitting setup that connects yet another rubber line to the inlet plenum. I'm thinking there is another line that comes into that t-fitting that runs towards the passenger firewall but I don't know where that one traces to for sure.

Once you understand how the vaccum system works on our cars, its just a game of plugging stuff in where it will both work and look good. The important part is knowing which lines need to see boost and which do not. PCV definitely does not.

He is not sure where the hose goes so I was asking him to look to see what is in the passenger side valve cover PCV hole. I'll have to look when I get home, but I believe there is a tube which runs from the intake elbow to the intake plenum. The 90degree tree that the PCV hose plugs into also plugs into the intake(inlet) plenum. That's why I was asking.

I had the PCV plugged into the inlet between the one circled and the transducer. (it looked that way in the manual) Is this wrong? Is PCV on boost?

Attachments

• image_2.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
the pcv must be on vacuum. the pcc is meant to vent pressure buildup in the engine, if it were on boost it would be quite the opposite.

Here are pics of the pcv and the other line from a 1990. The line you have plugged I have going to a manifold setup under the cowling near the center. Mine has that large line, one or two caps, and at least one line attached to that manifold. This is all stock but I can not get in the maze to get a good pic. Looks like it is the main supply for something.

This pic should answer the ? about blue cap & org cap

Hope it helps a bit.
dbd

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25494&d=1174422960

Attachments

• 0041 (Large).JPG
    0041 (Large).JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 0034 (Large).JPG
    0034 (Large).JPG
    118 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
where do you have the bypass conected to? i went and checked mine i have the PVC, bypass, crossover, acc vac(brakes,heat/Acm,cruse all the stuff from the fire wall tees)on the inlet side and the boost gage, FPR, crossover, and a 2nd acc vac with check vavle on the boost side. but now i thik of it i don't have a egr that would conect where the bolt is in your pic. and i dont know why i have 2 acc vac hoses:confused: hope that helps

Thank you, that does help a bit. Dbd, I have been studying your pics and 2 questions: On the pic of the back of your engine, I assume that "s" tube connects to both blue-capped tubes? Does the top blue capped tube connect to the orange plug in the plenum? Perhaps this is the bypass that nwnsc was talking about. (I'm sorry, I don't know the names of these tubes)

Thank you both for going out of your way for me. I will go through that list and make sure I have all of those.

Very nice engine btw!

the bypass is just behind the left rear or the supercharger with a rod comeing out of it going to the lever on the inlet. it recyles the air when you let off the gas. kind of like a BOV. what im calling the crossover you allready have hooked up in the pic. do you have a EGR? if so that is where it would hook up(bolt). i know what a PIA this is to figer out. luckly for me i had a 2nd car to look at when i was learing vac roteing.

Thank you, that does help a bit. Dbd, I have been studying your pics and 2 questions: On the pic of the back of your engine, I assume that "s" tube connects to both blue-capped tubes? Does the top blue capped tube connect to the orange plug in the plenum? Perhaps this is the bypass that nwnsc was talking about. (I'm sorry, I don't know the names of these tubes)

Thank you both for going out of your way for me. I will go through that list and make sure I have all of those.

Very nice engine btw!

I added another pic to my previous post
dbd

I now see the manifold that you were talking about. I definitely don't have that! That is a large tube, maybe an accessory vac hose? As for EGR, I don't have one, I have a "cover plate assy" there. Did SCs come with EGR valves? The manual lists and shows them for the 5.0 and NA, but not for SC.

Whether it's EGR or some acc hose, it seems that I don't need whatever it was connected to. The car was missing under boost after the rebuild, and I want to make sure it's not a vac line issue. I'm putting in new gaskets and wires to repalce brand new gaskets and wires - and now new injectors too! Are we having fun yet?
Thanks
John

Round 2!

Still at it. Here are more pics.

Still don't know where A goes, probably to a tree inlet (did they have those on a 1990?) It looks like I had an EGR, but it was removed - however, the transducer wasn't. It was connected to B (on the PCV tube) Would it be better to remove the transducer, or should I connect it to A or B?

The manual says that B has a line that goes to a purge solenoid, then to an evaporator. I am missing the solenoid, and that line was connected to C on the throttle body, after which was plugged. This could make sense if it entered the airflow, but it doesn't seem to. Can I connect the PCV tube to the evaporator without the solenoid?
Thanks

Attachments

• SC engine.jpg
    SC engine.jpg
    403.3 KB · Views: 85
  • PCV.jpg
    PCV.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 89
  • TB.jpg
    TB.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
as far as the egr u need to leave the transducer in there or you'll kick a CEL.

yes line A should just go to a vacuum tree.

and that line on the throttle body is for coolant to flow thru it. i deleted/capped mine.

Back