codes...

patragz22

I had the engine scanned yesterday and came up with 15 and 67 codes, used a OBD1 scanner from mac tools, anyone know what these mean, thanks?

codes

sir, code 15 =read only memory test failed[key on engine off]
code 15=keep alive memory test failed[continous memory stored when engine running
code 67=clutch circuit switch failed[code stored when engine running]
code 67=neutral drive switch circuit open[engine running]
i found these atwww.njtacc.com/tech/eec_codes.html

code 67 doesn't throw a check engine light so you can rule that out, 2 of my supercoupes throw that code, its because of the neutral switch in the tranny, i can't start either one without hitting the clutch even if the car is in neutral.

or perhaps you didn't have the car in neutral when you checked the codes? that would cause it to display a 67 as well.

you nailed code 67, I did have it in gear at time of engine scan, what about 15, any clues. thanks for response.

glad i could help, code 15 is mentioned above, "no keep alive memory" you probably don't know what that means though right?

it means that pin 1 on your pcm isin't getting power when the key is off. That means that everytime you shut down your car the computer has to relearn all its parameters which means your car isin't running as good as it should. It also means that if you let the car sit overnight its going to loose any stored codes it had thus why you didn't see any when you scanned it.

check your computer with a voltmeter. Pin 1 should have +12 volts with the key off. If it doesn't that means you have a short somewhere or the fuse is bad. I would check the fuses first.

oh yeah pat, i forgot to mention you probably have an o2 sensor going bad or your egr valve is sticking thats causing your check engine light to come on. My advice would be to do a key on engine running test after it throws a the light. Don't shut it off just jumper the connectors to get it to run the self test.

if you don't know which jumpers to jump its shown here

test.gif

the pic isin't so clear so just to verify, all you need to connect is the top right and the little small white connector. A paper clip works perfect. Forget about the voltmeter just use your check engine light inside the car.

like i said drive the car first and wait till it throws the cel then jump it and see what code it throws.

don't forget to post back with your success. I hate reading threads that don't have a conclusion.

Back