rear sway bar end link? keeps breaking

ndiiorio

this one is my second break. both were brand new, both times it happened on drivers side rear. i have completely re done the suspension, new bushings, springs, shocks, airbags, control arms, and i put in the addco
1 3/8" swaybar. the part that keeps breaking is what is attached to the end of the sway bar and goes to the lower control arm. this bar is only about
.25" thick and i was wondering if there is a stronger/ thicker bar for this or i have something off and it is causing too much pressure on the driver side. i know these sway bars are way stiffer and stronger than factory and i was just wondering if that was the problem. when i replace the end link the suspension is equal in clearance from tire to wheel well, then it lasts about a month and then it snaps. any ideas? i was hoping there is an aftermarket alternative thats a little beefer than the stock replacement.

You could go to a bolt/sleeve setup.

rearsuspension.jpg

airbag.jpg

I'm surprised that you're snapping endlinks before the swaybar brackets. The brackets are usually the first to fail with the ADDCO bars.

swaybarbracket.jpg

I had two of those fail before I resorted to beefing them up.

bracket2.jpg

-Rod

The great thing about Rod's setup is that if you make your own, you could use heim (sp) joints and have adjustable endlinks. Might be useful if you ever planned on doing autocross or track days.

I didn't see it you got the shorter end links. When you lower these cars, it changes the sway bar angle. Since you have an ADDCO bar, that won't break, so the links are the next weak link. SCP has the short links.

Or, I'm completely wrong and you already have the short links.

Back