PDA

View Full Version : rebuilding Eaton M90 Supercharger

bobpentel
07-14-2008, 02:50 AM
Members,

I am rebuilding my 91 SC Eaton M90, front oil seal and bearing gone. I did great in getting new bearings, seal and coupler installed in snout. However, I haven't figured out how to separate gear rotor drive from case to install needle bearings. I could drive in narrow wedges, but I don't want to screw up case surfaces. Any suggestions how to separate blower drive/ other than using a big hammer.

Bob Mack.:(

Jim Demmitt Jr
07-14-2008, 09:00 PM
Members,

I am rebuilding my 91 SC Eaton M90, front oil seal and bearing gone. I did great in getting new bearings, seal and coupler installed in snout. However, I haven't figured out how to separate gear rotor drive from case to install needle bearings. I could drive in narrow wedges, but I don't want to screw up case surfaces. Any suggestions how to separate blower drive/ other than using a big hammer.

Bob Mack.:(

Bob

I had M90's apart many times you need to get a plastic hammer tap around it enough to break the seal than wiggle it real easy off the dowels and out with the rotors. If you need to remove the rotors from the gears I can give you directions on that as well "Good Luck"