where to buy rear airbags for cheapest

I actually have a buddy who wants to sell me his from his old 89sc. They are the ones from scp.com. They're only about 6 inches tall and I don't understand how they withstand any impact. Don't they need to be at least close to the spring height in order to do anything? I guess I figured they should be a little taller then they are.

What exactly are they suppose to cushion against, LCA to top of spring perch or to keep the structure of the spring itself straight?

yea they're supposed to help alot with wheel hop.

what about ppl with lowered cars ? say dropped 1"-1.5" ?

Mine is lowered. I'm just using the bags to control ride height. Without the bags it's about 1.7" front & 1.5" rear drop....with bags inflated to 20 psi it's about 2.2" front & 1.0" rear drop. Keep in mind that raising the rear with bags, pushes the front of the car down nearly an equal amount.

Now that my fenders are rolled I'm only putting about 5 or 10 psi in the bags. It's been a couple years since I actually checked them, so they may be empty.

David

what about ppl with lowered cars ? say dropped 1"-1.5" ?

My XR7 (the car in the link David posted) is lowered 1". I use the airbags for adjusting rear ride height and firmness, keeping the tires off of the fenders, and fine tuning at the track. I run 20-25 psi in the bags on the street, and 12 psi in the driverside and 18 psi in the passenger side at the track.

I have a set of the Air Lift airbags with a dual gauge onboard compressor system for sale. I had this setup on my 5 speed, but have since converted to an automatic. Real nice setup, just push the button to inflate/deflate the bags. If you don't have this compressor you have to use a tire pump on the bags, or the air supply at a gas station..

I had mine mounted in the trunk, so if you wanted to mount the gauges/control panel in the car you'd have to extend the tubes. You can get extra tubing from air lift if you need to do that.

Send me a pm if you are interested in the whole setup. I will take $125 shipped for everything. Its over $300 worth of stuff, and looks just like whats is in the pictures below:

air-25812.jpg

air-60776_w.jpg

First person to PM me has dibs.

Jeramie

bought them like 3 years ago for my crown vic for $70 and been looking for them cheap for the bird but price has not dropped at all:p

Back