PDA

View Full Version : Iowa SC Engine rebuild contacts

lurch256
07-15-2008, 05:24 PM
I found an Iowa chapter member who can fix the engine, but does anyone know a close by business or person who can go over the SC? Or a parts dealer who can get me parts (all new accessories, besides AutoZone or NAPA)? I would love to have my work done by people in state who are members or who frequent the site. Send me names and contact of people who worked on your SC who can work on mine! Even vinyl work, upholstery work, new carpets..... I live near the Quad Cities so some dealers in Illinois would be fine too!
Thanks
Jeremy pm me or jeremyklop@gmail.com

Melon
07-15-2008, 06:17 PM
You may get in contact with Mike Albee (www.sccoia.org) and see if he can help you. That is, if you haven't already.

-Melon

90blkbrd
07-15-2008, 07:20 PM
I know a guy north of Adel that is really good but really busy. Very reasonable rates.

Did Julian have work done on his in Sigourney?

BirdofPrey97
07-22-2008, 12:16 PM
Guy near Omaha that can help you. Been a Ford Mechanic for more years then he cares to admit. He could do the mechanical work, but the interior he would pass on.

He owns 1 SC right now and a 94 LX. It's across the state from you, but if you are interested let me know.

lurch256
12-23-2008, 12:16 PM
gonna revive this thread.

I am looking for a mechanic who has time to go over my engine. It for sure needs HG's but while they are at it anything else wrong with it. Nothing major though, I want it to be pretty much stock.

If you are this person, or knows someone please contact me. I will bring the engine to you and you can do it on your own time.

90blkbrd
12-23-2008, 05:56 PM
I know a guy north of Adel that is really good but really busy. Very reasonable rates.

Did Julian have work done on his in Sigourney?

I no longer trust this resource. :(

lurch256
01-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Really?? No one? I just have to take it to a regular shop and see what happens?

forcfed93
01-08-2009, 12:16 AM
Really?? No one? I just have to take it to a regular shop and see what happens?

I sure Al would be able to do it, but his work is keeping him Too busy at the moment. He told me a week ago that he is not taking ANYTHING on until after March 15.

lurch256
01-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Yeah, i have heard that through the grapevine :( Stupid jobs, who needs them anyway!
I suppose I can book something with him for April!

Thanks for the note!