Differences in these headgaskets???

MagpoweredSC

What are the differences??? The SC specific ones are 20 bux a piece and the mustang ones are 60 bux a piece and they both appear to be permatorque MLS gaskets. I want MLS permatorques but why spend $80 more than you have to. $40 vs $120 for the same thing??? Hopefully someone can answer so I can button this engine up. Thanks in advance.

Headgasket kit for Thunderbird sc
HS9642PT @ rockauto.com
Headgasket For SC
9642PT1

And
98 mustang permatorques.
9262PT & 9263PT

Felpro had a part# for the SC headgaskets in permatorque form. They discountinued them and those are probably old stock that they are trying to get rid of.

That is correct. Just because it's Permatorque doesn't mean it's MLS. The SC ones listed with the Permatorque listing are not a MLS gasket. Basically just the same old composite gasket.

I just bought HS9642PT because I thought is was MLS. Is there a MLS headset? Also, what is the advantage of MLS - will the composite gaskets fail more easily?

I bought the Mustang mls ones anyway cuz I couldnt see where the SC permatorques were MLS and knew that had to be the reason for the price difference. Thanks for clearing this up.

Mark

Back