Transfer Function for C&L

backtobirds

I have seen on here that some people are using the C&L 85mm tuner MAF. I called them to order one, and they were telling me I need to send my old electronics in to have it calibrated. I will be having it dyno tuned anyway, so I would think my tuner can account for any discrepancies if it is off a little from their base 5.0 transfer. What solution did you guys with this MAF use?

Since this is not the regular C&L's with a calibration tube for injector size, they may have not had the oppurtunity to flow one with our electronics. If you need something close to start with you may want to tell them its a replacement for a rustang with a 55mm maf but thats a crap shoot at best.

I'd recommend letting them flow it and that way you would spend less time on the dyno tuning it in which is $$$$. With that in mind, you'd help the community out as well for the next guy going that route ;).

Frit

Is DD tuning your car since you are in Ohio? If yes or no, just order it from him. That is where I got mine. He also tuned my car.

Here's my current status with it: I called back today to get an address to ship it to and I got a different guy, I think the owner. He said the 89-93 is the same MAF as the Mustang ones he sells, so he has the calibrations for them. For the 94/95, it uses a different calibration, I assume since it has the bigger injectors and OBD-II. But since my PCM from the 95 is an EEC-IV and I have to have it tuned anyway, I assume I can use the Mustang calibration. I hope I kept the MAF electronics from the SC. Gotta go try to dig it out.

Back